_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Am mad on Tigers
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:54 AM UTC
Is anybody else mad about tigers.what is it about this tank,i just love looking at pictures on the gallery and my model tigers.i have two tiger 1s built one that iv posted on this forum, plus a king tiger that am going to start at the weekend, and iv just orded 3 more a mid production and two early tigers .its been nearly 2 weeks since i have viewed this site as i have had trouble logging on but super jim fixed it for me,so iv had to start from fresh.thanks for reading this boring post and keep on modelin....
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 05:09 AM UTC
Ahh yes the love for the tiger ....I do know what you mean ...I have at least 10 kits in my pile that belong to the tiger family..sets and sets of P/E....Friul Tracks...Cannons from at least 4 different companies...Books!! I've got more books on the tiger tank than for any other model put together..(well maybe not that many but..) If you are a real fan you should at least have the Osprey New Vanguard series books on both the tiger and KT...I would also suggest the Actung Panzer book on the Tiger family (covers both the Tiger and KT and a few others too)..Also run out and get a copy of the new book From Apersand on building the Tiger Tank...Tigers on the Eastern and western front are both nice ...I have both the Tigers in Combat books ...excellent books but expensive...if you can find them..and that is just the tip of the iceberg...Now maybe when I get over my Sherman craze I'll try and make a tiger or too...I did have fun with my Sturm tiger this year...
Just remember you are not alone out there ...lol there is help available!!

all the best
Rick
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 06:52 AM UTC
i all so have a spot in my heart for the tiger tank.
i have a tiger 1 and a king tiger producet turreet.
i dont wanna build them be cause i dont wanna mess them up lol.
and i have a few books on the tiger tank
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 489 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 10:39 AM UTC
The big beast. The last new German tank to have the classic hull shape of Blitzkrieg era tank design. I don't know how anyone could not be awed by the Tiger 1.

Then we also have the King Tiger. Another awesome machine. The first armor I ever built was one of these. I want another! One of my favorite pictures of a tank just so happens to be of a knocked out King Tiger. I saw it in the book Battle of the Bulge. It shows an American soldier looking at the front plate from the drivers hatch of the KT. He is obviously struck by the fact that there are numerous (5 or more?) gouges on the plate where Allied rounds bounced off!!
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 385 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 10:54 AM UTC
Despite my OD obsession, I still love a good Tiger tank. I have DML's new King Tiger with the production/Henschel turret calling out for me to build it. If I didn't have so much else going on taking up my time, I'd be up to my elbows in light gray styrene.
Muzz
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 50 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 11:10 AM UTC
I am looking forward to building my Tamiya RC King Tiger.

I have built the M26 in OD and look forward to getting frustrated with the wheels and making a mess of the camo!

Such a beautifal machine and deadly too!
RAF-Mad
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 11:18 AM UTC
I have love that tank also i dont know why just the way it looks and its history i guess, its the same thing with me and the RAF Spitfire and Lancaster Bomber.
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 11:24 AM UTC
Tiger I's just have such a badass look to them. I couldn't imagine seeing one of those coming at me.
I have yet to build one though. I want to improve my techniques before i take one on.
Wolff
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 11:53 AM UTC
I started out modelling WWII aircraft, and share RAF-Mad's love of the Spitfire and the Lancaster. I was lucky enough to have seen ( and heard, yeah baby) both flying at the Duxford '99 Airshow. German forces in WWII have always interested me as well, and none more so than the Tiger. They look great and with the 88, their performance was phenomenal.
Cheers
Ad.
kwp427
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 26 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 12:04 PM UTC
I just posted a couple of pics in my gallery of a Tiger 1 that I have been working on.
I still have a long way to go before it's done (not much extra time for building with a one year old to take care of
I tried an ambush camo pattern to see what it would look like,never saw a Tiger with one.
I'll probably end up repainting it in a more realistic paint scheme,but will wait until it,s finished.
Take a look
Kevin (kwp427)
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 12:46 PM UTC
Tigers RULE! Yes I love tigers the T-34 was the best tank in WWII so they say and, the Sherman the most produced! The Tiger had to be the most FEARED. Tigers also just look so solid.
Wolff
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 01:09 PM UTC
Meine Herren,
I wish to share a special page I just discovered.

[http://www.alanhamby.com/tiger.html

Enjoy
Cheers
Ad
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 02:14 PM UTC
A post just to express the love I have for the Tiger, I just can't describe what is so beautifull about it, but it is just like a dinosaur, that is coming to eat you alive! I have just ordered a couple kits but am afraid to build them, like someone said.
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:38 PM UTC
http://www.alanhamby.com/tiger.html
Timlo
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 150 posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2004 - 02:07 PM UTC
I really love Tigers,i have built two Tigers which are my first two models and i am building the Academy one wif interiors and going to buy a couple more,have tried some AM like barrels from 4 compaies(will be more) :-) and PE haven't tried tracks yet,TIGER Rules!!
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
Armorama: 530 posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2004 - 02:50 PM UTC
If you guys love Tigers, read "Steel Inferno"; LOTS of Tiger action and it talks about Micheal Wittman, the famous "Tiger Ace". Thanks for your time.
Timlo
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 150 posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2004 - 03:03 PM UTC
What's that?
 _GOTOTOP