_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Gluing tracks
RobCosta
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 11:51 AM UTC
I have Trumpeter T-84 and the track links barely make contact with one another. How do I glue this? Are there other tracks I can use for the kit? I can't find any.

I was working on T-90 Meng tracks and they were too brittle and the pins broke when assembling.
seanmcandrews
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 561 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2020 - 01:19 AM UTC
Maybe hide the gap on the top run behind the side skirts and glue the tracks to the idler and drive sprocket. You could actually omit the top run completely and save yourself some track link cleanup or have tracks for the spares box. That's assuming you're putting the skirts on or course.

Sean
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2020 - 05:22 PM UTC
I have had the same problem with the T-14 of trumpeter. The problem was made worse by the jig for spacing them.
If one wants to use the tracks of the kit, there are two choices: make links closer to increase the contact area for glue, or use more glue.

About the T-90A of Trumpeter: I hadn't this problem while building its tracks. Yes, it was a long work.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2020 - 09:57 PM UTC
For the T-84, scalemates says fruilmodel, Spade Ace Model and RPG-Model make T-80 family tracks.

HTH
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2020 - 12:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

About the T-90A of Trumpeter: I hadn't this problem while building its tracks. Yes, it was a long work.

Same here, took some time but worked perfectly: to my surprise, not a single part was broken in the whole assembly
 _GOTOTOP