_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Conqueror and other walkarounds
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2020 - 03:07 AM UTC
Hi all
I recently paid a visit to Saumur museum and got 3 walkarounds of the British Conqueror, the French Batignoles-Chatillon and the Iraqi YW701.

Enjoy the visit
Olivier
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2020 - 03:58 AM UTC
Thanks Olivier, Conqueror - one of my favourite vehicles mainly as when I was a young boy one was permitted to clamber all over them at the various military displays that were wide-ranging back in the 60s. The antidote to the Soviet heavy tank threat - marvellous! Nice to see that Saumur have given it a decent display spot, as opposed to Bovington where it is tucked away, shamefully in a dark corner.

The Batignoles-Chatillon is very interesting too - almost in a MASSTER scheme; just the sort of model Bold Division might come up with perhaps?

Thanks again,

Brian
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2020 - 08:01 AM UTC
I need to go back to Saumur. It has been too long since I was last there...

... and I need the nice soldier to clear my ear wax again, by yelling at me because he thinks I have not paid to take photos.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2020 - 10:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The Batignoles-Chatillon is very interesting too - almost in a MASSTER scheme; just the sort of model Bold Division might come up with perhaps?

You're welcome Brian. Instead of Bold Division I'd thought of Amusing Hobby which already have released the ARL 44.

Peter, have another visit to the museum. I don't think the barking soldier still works there.

Olivier
 _GOTOTOP