_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
A-Guard Makes a Difference
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 02:51 PM UTC
While we have been doing very well lately with getting additional advertiser support, I just wanted to say that since September of 2003 the Armorama Guard has really made the difference between paying our server bill and other incidental expenses or not. And I don't need to tell you how quickly this site would go bye-bye if we can't pay our server bill.

So my hats off to all A-Guard members. They aren't the only thing driving this site to even greater levels, but they certainly deserve the nod. As do our content contributors, staff members, moderators, and advertisers (and of course OUR MEMBERS!).

Now is a GREAT time to join if you have been thinking about it. Even though we had VLS sign on this month, I expended a bit more more than I would have liked. Some of you might be asking..."what is Jim buying?" which is only fair. So here is a recent list.

1. Macro-Flash unit from e-Bay so I can take better photos at the shows. $102

2. Yearly payment option at CafePress (it will save us a bit vs. the monthly option). $60

3. Mailbox for Armorama for a year (sorry the wife requires this) $65

4. Hotel room for TamiyaCon (I was originally going to pay for this out-of-pocket but it ended up being $105! so now Armorama is going to help) $50

Now granted expenses like this are a bit out-of-the-norm, but that is why I am posting this as we could use the support. I am not looking for charitable contributions though, just members looking to trade $25 or $75 for a bit more storage space and the few other perks that go along with the A-Guard.

For the new members unfamiliar with the A-Guard you can read up on it here.

Thanks!
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 07:08 AM UTC
My thanks to Stahlhelm for signing up for the Gold level A-Guard. Maybe you read this??

Thanks!

Jim
Stahlhelm
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:21 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

Actually I was reading a response by Jim Lewis(Hi, Jim ) saw the A-Guard icon, clicked on it and immediately signed up. Really glad to have found this site as I have been away from armor for a few years(see below) and am now catching up on the latest.

Cody
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:26 AM UTC
Thanks Cody - and I'm supremely happy that you decided to come and join up here at Armorama! Jim - I know we don't showcase automotive modeling here - but - check out Cody's site. He's a Master Machinist, to be understated, and a joy to look at some of the things he's done in miniature. It's inspirational!

Gunnie
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:49 AM UTC
hiya, since I dont have a credit card nor a pay pall account I just buy, new t shirts each year worth 70 dollars or more since I have a friend with a credit card

so far I own a t shirt a golf shirt a cap. the british tank rule shirt. the british armo sweater and the british armo hooded sweater

so I hope in this way I can contribute to the website aswell
Davinator
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 107 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 05:25 PM UTC
All I can say is... JOIN THE A GUARD! JOIN THE A GUARD!! JOIN THE A GUARD!!!

Did I mention, join the A Guard?!
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 06:22 PM UTC
and I can add to Dave is Join the A-Guard :-)
 _GOTOTOP