_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Problem with accessing Gallery
ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 1,229 posts
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2020 - 02:03 AM UTC
Hey, I have been trying to access the gallery for the last couple days and keep getting the same message "Server busy, please try again shortly." Is anyone else having this problem, is it related to the age of the server? Can anything be done?
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 03:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey, I have been trying to access the gallery for the last couple days and keep getting the same message "Server busy, please try again shortly." Is anyone else having this problem, is it related to the age of the server? Can anything be done?

For a better part of a month. No other website I frequent has this issue. Seems particular to Armorama.
joepanzer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 04:28 AM UTC
Kitmaker is updating/migrating their sites, so that may have something to do with it.

They have a preview over on Model Shipwrights to give you a sneak peak into where they're heading.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 06:55 AM UTC
It's more that our gallery is way over loaded with photos and albums and it was just never written for that. It's 15 years old as well.

Migrating to the new forums should solve these issues and allow users to upload images directly to any post they so choose without the worry of how much space they have left or if it's going to upload, etc.

This forum is soon going to be a dinosaur of the past and archived for search or browsing but that's all. I would advise ALL users to start thinking about moving their convos, blogs, and other stuff there now, before you hit the hard deadline for this move (which will be different for each site).

Thanks,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP