_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Meng: Mini Photo-etch Bender
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2020 - 10:26 PM UTC

After releasing the MTS-038 Photo-etched Parts Bender, MENG and DSPIAE now release another new product for the preparation of PE parts, the MTS-046 Mini Photo-etched Parts Bender.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 08:08 AM UTC
Very alike the 'Hold N Fold' "The Bug" tool. Be interesting to see the price comparison for those that are looking to buy such a tool.

The Bug has provision for bending Sherman brush guards to shape. Can't tell from these photos if you can do the same with this one.

This one has one vertical edge that my Bug doesn't, but from experience, you have to bend etch beyond the vertical and let it spring back a bit.

As always, it will be decision of the purchaser.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 12:15 PM UTC
Another arrival at the PE bending suppliers' group. Looks competent enough. I've already got the Mission Models variant.
Johnnych01
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 604 posts
Armorama: 506 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 06:07 PM UTC
Would people recommend these tools ? I have often wondered if they are a worthwhile investment, as I usually do the the old needle nose pliers and lots of dropping on the floor method then looking for hours for lost bits lol ...... do they make a big difference ?
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 06:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Would people recommend these tools ? I have often wondered if they are a worthwhile investment, as I usually do the the old needle nose pliers and lots of dropping on the floor method then looking for hours for lost bits lol ...... do they make a big difference ?

For some no, but for me yes. It is a lot easier to prevent twists or bend longer sections with these tools than pliers. I also use it as a 'Handy Dandy' holder when I solder parts together (and can't use my magnet and steel plates jig) or when I am making scratch built parts, especially scratch built brass objects where I have scribed a line, etc.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 10:43 PM UTC
Agree with Peter, for me it is not an essential tool but sometimes it comes handy.

If you have to bend a part without scribbed lines (for scratch builds), the difference is quite noticeable, it produces a much sharper bent -at least compared with my pliers.
Johnnych01
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 604 posts
Armorama: 506 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 03:28 AM UTC
Ok, Im convinced ... will have a look at various types and open that wallet lol
 _GOTOTOP