_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Review
Pen & Sword: Panther Tanks
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 - 11:21 AM UTC

Darren Baker takes a look at one of the latest offerings from Pen and Sword as part of their Tank Craft series covering Panther Tanks German Army Brigades Western and Eastern Fronts 1944-1945.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
nsjohn
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 265 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 - 01:52 PM UTC
Good review as always Darren. The only comment I would make is touched on by your review, namely that this follows on from other books by the author on the Panther, of which I think there are only another 2. The same is true of his books on the Tiger, of which there are four. The author does have a tendency to refer to the earlier books in the series and cross reference them, leaving out detail on the basis that has already been covered thereby making it difficult to regard them as standalone books. As I have them all anyway, it does not particularly bother me but I can see that it would be an issue for someone who is only interested in one particular area or campaign. Otherwise this book is well up to the standard of the others in the series, and collectively the books will build up to a comprehensive study.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 - 10:11 PM UTC
A very good point that I had not considered.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 01:50 PM UTC
My personal reference library is large enough that I often acquire books merely for a couple of unique or interesting photos. This series fits in with that objective.
 _GOTOTOP