_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Review
MiniArt: T-34/85 with Interior
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 03:44 AM UTC

Darren Baker takes a look at one of the new line of T-34/85 tanks from MiniArt in 1/35th scale. This offering is the T-34/85 with D-5T 112 plant, Spring 1944 and is one of the offerings with an interior.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 502 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 05:34 AM UTC

Nice review. I have it. I'm thinking I will do it for the mini-art campaign starting near the end of this year. I've spent a fair amount of time looking at the instructions. Looks like it will be a beast of a build....
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 12:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Darren Baker takes a look at one of the new line of T-34/85 tanks from MiniArt in 1/35th scale. This offering is the T-34/85 with D-5T 112 plant, Spring 1944 and is one of the offerings with an interior.

Read the Review

Thanks!

I have little interest in interiors, so I bought the exterior version of thus kit, and it still contains a colossal amount of styrene, much more than the new Rye Field Factory 174 T-34-85. Nice tooling overall, though the idea of molding the turret exterior panels separately is a little baffling. We'll see how it builds up.
Miniart depicts a version built in March-April, 1944. The earlier turret, built from January-February was considerably longer, overhanging the glacis by a wide margin. It looked (and probably was) front heavy, so they moved the trunnions back about 16 inches. The gunner's position and commander's cupola were shifted back, as well. The famous photo set of the presentation ceremony of T-34-85 and OT-34 flamethrower tanks sponsored by the Russian Orthodox Church show the earlier variant, and cannot be built from this kit.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 01:48 PM UTC
The addition of the complete interior on this kit (and others like it) make them perfect build subjects for knocked-out tanks. I've got a great picture somewhere of one destroyed near Stettin that I think I might take a stab at.
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 502 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 02:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Read the Review

Thanks!

I have little interest in interiors, so I bought the exterior version of thus kit, and it still contains a colossal amount of styrene, much more than the new Rye Field Factory 174 T-34-85. Nice tooling overall, though the idea of molding the turret exterior panels separately is a little baffling. We'll see how it builds up.
Miniart depicts a version built in March-April, 1944. The earlier turret, built from January-February was considerably longer, overhanging the glacis by a wide margin. It looked (and probably was) front heavy, so they moved the trunnions back about 16 inches. The gunner's position and commander's cupola were shifted back, as well. The famous photo set of the presentation ceremony of T-34-85 and OT-34 flamethrower tanks sponsored by the Russian Orthodox Church show the earlier variant, and cannot be built from this kit.

Maybe the turret exterior panels separate will allow them to do the earlier version easier? They seem to do lots of close variants on other vehicles, so perhaps?

Thanks for your comments, Gerald. I'm looking forward to digging in to mine.
 _GOTOTOP