_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Russian TOS-1 or 1K17 Szhatie
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 06:05 PM UTC
Has anyone built Trumpeters TOS-1 or 1K17 Szhatie? How were the kits? I'm not too worried about accuracy but about kit quality, building and fit issues and detail level.

Anyone with pictures showing the build?

Just looking for info and opinions.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 07:32 PM UTC
Hi,

I did a review on the 1K17 here, on armorama. (https://armorama.kitmaker.net/review/11943) In short, I did not find any issues with it as far as building goes. It is a fine kit. The TOS should be similarly good. (I am a bit more adventorous now as far as LEDs go, and I would definitely put some into the 1K17...)
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - 11:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Has anyone built Trumpeters TOS-1 or 1K17 Szhatie? How were the kits? I'm not too worried about accuracy but about kit quality, building and fit issues and detail level.

Anyone with pictures showing the build?

Just looking for info and opinions.

I got started on the suspension/roadwheels of the Szhatie at a couple of club build days quite a while back, but shelved it.
LOTS of parts there in the suspension.
No fit issues as I remember, but there WAS a fair amount of beer drinking those afternoons..
Like a lot of the Trumpy -72 hull kits, there are an awful lot of sprues and I do remember there being a little more mold seam cleanup than I was expecting from a new release kit at the time.

Mike
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - 07:48 PM UTC
Thanks for the info. I've built some complex suspensions over the years so that doesn't worry me. Tedious cleanup? Can be a bother but again doesn't worry me.

Guess these two are going on the wish list.
 _GOTOTOP