_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Spray can gun
chrisb760
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 70 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - 04:29 AM UTC
I have bought a plastic spray can gun.
To use with Tamiya spray paints. I've also seen the different nozzles you can get for spray cans.
I have a couple of questions, 1,has anyone used this gun before 2 has anyone used the different nozzles to spray with 3 can anyone advise as to how to use this way of spraying?
I don't have the room for a compressor etc. So I thought this might be a poor man's way of spray painting?
I welcome any help.
Thankyou Chris
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - 06:04 AM UTC
Single color? I'd just make sure the paint is the correct consistency, which I guess is moot if it's coming straight from the can.

For camouflage, I wouldn't try to free hand it. Make stencils. Even if you want soft edge you can raise the stencils off the surface of the model with bits of putty. I used to used balls of tape.

You can still achieve very good results with the cheapest of setups.
In high school I used a cheap-ass Badger - the $10.00 kind - hooked up to a spare tire, and it worked well enough at the time. First model I ever used it on was a 1/43 tractor trailer rig of a SEARS truck, sold by SEARS, of course. I had to mix the color myself But the poor man's setup turned out great.
 _GOTOTOP