_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Review
ICM: Union Infantry
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 12:46 AM UTC

Darren Baker takes a look at a 1/35th figure set from ICM titled Union Infantry American Civil War.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Floridabucco
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 12:38 AM UTC
The reason that there are no black soldiers represented is that they served in their own regiments with white officers.

If you want to watch a movie about this subject, I highly recommend "Glory" about the first all black regiment raised in the Civil War.

Happy Modeling,
Eric
MoramarthT
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 10:58 PM UTC
I'm not a weapons expert myself (although I did use a reproduction Remington New Model Army back in my target shooting days). However I can't see the Greene Carbine (a very rare item)on the weapons sprue, but there is what appears to be a Henry Rifle (popular and relatively common). It evolved into the Winchester Model 1866 "Yellow Boy" to which it bears a strong visual resemblance.

Regards,

M
Northwoods
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 05:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The reason that there are no black soldiers represented is that they served in their own regiments with white officers.

If you want to watch a movie about this subject, I highly recommend "Glory" about the first all black regiment raised in the Civil War.

Happy Modeling,
Eric

Black troops wore the standard Union uniform which interestingly (according to at least one book) was made from better quality cloth than most of the uniforms issued to white troops. A difference that would not be visible in a model. Looking at photos of black soldiers very few of them had prominent "Negro features" as depicted on some after market head set. The visible difference between them an whites appears to be darker skin. So the Union set could be used to model them.
 _GOTOTOP