_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Good Quality German MG34/42 Machine Gun
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 12:17 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

I am in search of good quality MG34/MG42 machine gun in 1/35 scale, is there any ompany that makes them as an AM item, by the way, is there any ammo belt, ammo drum, etc for MG34/42 in the market. Thanks!

Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 01:02 PM UTC
There's some in the list of products here: http://www.bentbutnotbroken.com/CollectorsBrass.htm.

Nic
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 02:03 PM UTC
Thanks Nic, very nice guns, just ordered myself some.

Dave
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 07:14 AM UTC
I dono if this will be good quality but I have a few from the Tamiya weapons set that you are welcome to have. I also have some drums, and a carrier for the drums if you are looking for those as well, and a few ammo cans. Let me know

Mike
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 07:37 AM UTC
SS-74--Who did you order them from, the site that I gave you or a different one? Just curious. Let me know how they are when you get them as I've never purchased any Collectors Brass items before.

Nic
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 545 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 09:53 AM UTC
SS-74,

For me, the best dismanteled MG-42 is the Jaguar resin set. If is cleanly cast and looks fantastic. As for the plastic variety, I will ahve to also vote for Mr. Tamiya-san's wonderfull stuff.

As for the Collector's Brass, they are great. I have some 30 cal's and 50 cals (w/ acc's), but have one gripe, they are 54 mm (aka 1/32). Just a bit over scale. Similar to some of the Verlinden stuff.

Dave
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 12:22 PM UTC
the best i have seen so far are from Dragon kits, they are the most detailed in styrene. much better than Tamiya's. Dragon's at least shows the cocking lever and has better scale bipods. Dragon has a Machinegun crew which is vastly superior to Tamiya's.

"If at first you don't succeed, forget it." Murphy's Law no.4

#:-)
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 02:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I dono if this will be good quality but I have a few from the Tamiya weapons set that you are welcome to have. I also have some drums, and a carrier for the drums if you are looking for those as well, and a few ammo cans. Let me know

Mike

Mike it's very kind of you. I am afraid that I cannot indulge myself to trouble you this way, I will get one set here in HK. Nevertheless, Thank you again for your kind offer.

Quoted Text

SS-74--Who did you order them from, the site that I gave you or a different one? Just curious. Let me know how they are when you get them as I've never purchased any Collectors Brass items before.

Nic

Hi Nic,

I asked my sec. to send them the order form fax yesterday, I will let you know how is like order from them after I got their product. Thanks for the info.

_GOTOTOP