_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
marder 3 winter dio
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 05:21 AM UTC
hiya guys I been experimenting with my tamiya marder 3 I think its looking ok so far. the marder or dio is far from finished but I wanted to share with you lot.

ideas and or suggestions are appriciated

the last picture shows how Im gonna put it on the base its going to be a winter wonderland

more pics bottom of this topic so scroll down for a small update!
-Captain-
Visit this Community
Oulu, Finland
KitMaker: 80 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 05:30 AM UTC
Looking good so far! nice whitewash on the marder.its coming up very well. keep up the
good work and keep us posted. can¨t wait to see next update
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 06:15 AM UTC
im not any expert, but the tracks look too clean. even though its winter, there still would be some stuff (stuff being earth) on the tracks...just something to point out
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 06:35 AM UTC
it does look nice,
but the road wheels can use a light coat of white wash also,
and dirty up the tracks, u have a fine model there it will look
great n the base
bep
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
KitMaker: 566 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:53 AM UTC
Hey Cool,
Looks great. Nice built and nice set up. Is this the Tamiya kit? Did you encouter any difficulties on the built. I'm planning to do one soon.
C ya
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:01 AM UTC
hiya guys thanx for your comments. I white washed the wheels, and I dirtied them up with a mix of white glue static grass brown paint and woodland grass. its all drying as we speak.

I had no difficulties with this kit! you can basicly put your glue and xacto in the box shake a few times and its done *that beeing a figure of speech* and yes its the tamiya kit .

the following picture shows the mud on the wheels and the white washed wheels, its still shiny cause its wet when I made the picture. and please do remember their will be a heavy layer of snow on the ground so the tank will sink in the groundwork.

the wheels look VERY white that is because I am waiting till the pigments set.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:13 AM UTC
hehehehe, now you've got tto much mud! Mud chunks that size would be a cool 3x3! I would chip a bit off, and try that way, and white wash was not commonly added to wheels, or it rubbed off, so there should be that much. Just a little nitpicks on a fine dio, LOVED the name! (:-)
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:15 AM UTC
hehehe well aw thanks for your reply. I know the wheels are skipped mostly but it looks cool, and the mud is a bit over done BUT its removable and I want to see how it looks when their is snow on the dio maybe it looks great we'll see thanks for yr input
coltm4
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 164 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 07:38 PM UTC
Yeah that's coming along nicely! Whitewash = really good! I think u should thin out the mud on the wheels and then even it out across the wheels. Also i think in your first pic the exhaust pipe + spare tracks are too orange. It stands out too much. Personally I never really bother with them. But you could adda white wash to them... just a faint one to blend them a bit.
Will you have any snow on the marder itself? that might be cool but dont overdo it! knock yourself out zero!
 _GOTOTOP