_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
My first diorama, ever....
MadDogZERO
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:11 AM UTC
This is my first dio. I read a few articles here and went to work. Please post any advice or suggestions, thyll be gladly taken.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showphoto.php?photo=25659&password=&sort=8&cat=500&page=1

[Moderator Eagle : Made link clickable]
MadDogZERO
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:26 AM UTC
I got a second pic up, not so fuzzy and a little farther back.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showphoto.php?photo=25660&password=&sort=8&cat=500&page=1
Longshanks
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 191 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:36 AM UTC

Hey, Well first of all a welcome is in order..........

Congratulations on completing your first dio.....your first step to becoming an addict...........lol

Thats a great first attempt, I can remember my first attempt, lets just say it wasn't so 'good'......

One thing I would suggest, it look as if your not letting the paint dry or not stirring the paint properly, before adding another coat or touching it. the MG 42 for example......this is a mistake I used to make quite common when I first started.......so don't worry too much.........

other tahn that everything else you'll improve on as you get more experienced and more comfortable with modelling......

Continue looking up information, reference material, inspiration, etc........... thats a good start, especially with the experinced hands on this site......... and don't be put down if it doesn't turn out the way you've planned! I remember turning black and blue some times............

Anyway, great stuff, well done..................Keep it up..............
MadDogZERO
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 11:11 AM UTC
Thanks a lot man. I'll be startin another dio very soon. This time its in the desert, and the main focus will be an M1A1 Abrams. Thanks again for the support.
coltm4
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 164 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:03 PM UTC
Welcome to the humble crew! glad to have new members!
That's looking pretty sweet man! My first attempt was a tigermoth in a muddy field. I got a cool trench dio in my gallery too. One note - some of the german equipment has been painted in the wrong colours (noticeably the ammo pouches and the water bottles)
This is a dragon kit isn't it? Also, in future, don't make the edges parallel with the lines of the dio (eg trench lines, roads, houses, streets etc) I read it in a book somewhere....
Your snow looks really good too; how did you do it? well, cheers man!
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:37 PM UTC
G'day mate and Welcome to the site!
For a first Dio that sure is pretty good, great job, looks forward to seing your next!
Cheers!
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 11:44 PM UTC
hi zero,
very good work on this winter dio. those DML figures are really very good.i like the snow effect and wooden parts so much.just a few things to say; the uniforms can be weathered some, the muddy footprints can be in the trench,the sides of trench are like cut with a knife..just my opinions but I had great pleasure watching this winter scene
best regards
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:32 AM UTC
hi your dio is really nice but next time try to make uniforms look dirty on knees elbows etc. and little "wash" would look ok. My first dio wasn't so good and i' ve made the same mistakes: clean uniforms, no weathering etc. nowadays not only i build new models but also i try to improve my models using techniques i've found in modeling magazines and internet.
MadDogZERO
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 09:07 AM UTC
thanks a lot guys. the answer to your question on the snow colt is this: i made a 50/50 mix of alcohol and white glue (elmers) and spread it on ground then i just put on the baking soda. i actually ran out of white glue and used rubber cement in a corner u can see to well which turned out pretty bad. im definitly going to go for accuarcy in coloring on my next dio involving an M1A1 Abrams in the desert. and yes, it is a dragon kit....
Kar98K
KitMaker: 126 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 10:25 AM UTC
The snow uniforms turned a little tint of yellow. Maybe next time try this.
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 08:06 PM UTC
A very nice winter scene. Congratulations. A little bit more weathering, some mud and adding some foliage would make this dio excelent (my opinion)
 _GOTOTOP