_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon's new Stug III
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 11:13 AM UTC
Hi. Has anybody picked this kit up yet? I got to see one 'in the flesh' this week end and the local hobby store and it looked really nice. Lots and lots of parts to it.

They were selling them for a tad over $25, so I went ahead and ordered one. I think, for the money, this has to be one really sweet kit.

Thanks and take care, Sgirty
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 11:20 AM UTC
Yes, I actually grabbed 2 of them when the LHS got them in stock. The nicest touch is the full fret of PE. its going to be hard to pass this monster off as OOB!!!! Another good touch is the aluminum barrel and that it can be use with all the options for the kit. Will probably start on it soon. Maybe tonight but I wouldn't be surprised if it sits a little longer in the box. STUG
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 02:13 PM UTC
I have one.You can do any mantlet that you can find a picture of...
Saukopf plain,
Saukopf w/ coax MG hole,
Block Mantlet plain,
Block Mantlet w/ coax hole...
SgtDinkyduck
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 172 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 06:17 PM UTC
where is the best place (america) to find this one. I really like the stuG and want to build one

mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:45 PM UTC
yes looks great mines came on thursday box is bulging with goodies and the barrel is a nice touch :-)
Alpenflage
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,120 posts
Armorama: 1,002 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 11:17 AM UTC
Gents. I have the new Dragon Stug III Ausf G 10.5cm kits in stock. If you want one, let me know. PM me here on Armorama, or click my banner below.

For a nice close look, check this out:

https://pmms.webace.com.au/reviews/vehicles/dragon/dr9058.htm

Cheers !!

Alpen
SgtDinkyduck
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 172 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:08 PM UTC
just found one localy, yeay, now i have three to finish before i get to this one

sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 08:31 AM UTC
Hi. Just picked my kit up today at the local hobby store and had a good look around inside the box. Very nice. I recognize some or the older spurs from previous Dragon kits in there, and it looks like they are still crisp and clear with hardly any flash on them at all.

Also, the addition of the metal barrel and a lovely set of PE really makes it an outstanding kit. Now, if they would have just put in a set of Fuilmodel tracks, we'd have it pretty well sewed up. Ha, ha! But I guess we can't have everything.

Take care, sgirty
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 415 posts
Armorama: 231 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 12:23 PM UTC
Just picked up the new DML StuG/StuH at the LHS today. The only problem is that i only had enough cash to buy one.

You can build about eight to ten different versions with this kit. So, I'm going to get at least one more.

As usual, there are many additions to the spares box in the kit.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 04:37 AM UTC
The funny thing about the New STUG III G is that it's a retool of their Japanese partner's kit of the same Tank. The upper hull is a dead giveaway to Gunze Sanyo kit of the not only the Stug III G but also the the StuH 40. the only thing missing is the wheel masks and the skirts. If anyone wants to see the Gunze kit I can email pics and you can see it for yourself. I just wish That DML kept the separate fenders. I guess I have to go and get a set ABER Fenders now. STUG
 _GOTOTOP