_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
marder 3 winter dio update #1
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:31 PM UTC
hiya people I wanted to share an update picture on my marder 3 in winter settings. I added the groundwork and removed some of the mud from the wheels tell me what ya think! the snow looks a bit to shiny but its still drying as we speak. thanks in advance
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:47 PM UTC
G'day Zero
Thats looking great, ive noticed those twigs youve used for the pine tree branch's, very good idea, i have them in the garden but never thought that they would suit that use, good thinking, Marder looks very nice also, keep us posted, cheers!
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 11:34 PM UTC
Brother Juul,
the white painting on Marder is very very good. the snow looks also good but a lil cramy to me.and IMHO the diobase can be a lil larger next time :-)
be safe
steve203
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 01:04 AM UTC
Looks good, you may want to add some snow/mud to the tracks. What did you use to make the snow?
wilson
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 129 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 03:57 AM UTC
Looks Good, the only comment I have in the way of constructive critisisim is that the tracks look like they have not moved in months if not years. Metal should be showing through and not just rust. Go lookat any cattipiller digger on any building site and you will see bare shinny metal and not a load of rust!!

Keep smiling

Sam
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 - 04:26 AM UTC
thanks for the comments guys.

engin: I love the small base it gives a cool look to the marder, and the snow does look creamy because it was still wet at that time I will add some baby poweder to rough it up a bit

steve: I used bush *glitzender schnee* for the snow its something you can buy in a train shop

sam: I have already fixed this and drybrushed more metal on the tracks, I always overdo the rust on the tracks (I just love them mig pigments)

I will post more pics next weekend since that is the only time I can really build
 _GOTOTOP