_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Canada and buying modelling books?
godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 465 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 01:37 AM UTC
Does anybody know of an online place to order verlinden books? Ordering form Europe or teh states could get pricey. any info would be appreciated. I'm looking for the "verlinden way" to paint figures.
Greg
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 455 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 05:58 AM UTC
Well, you might try the local hobby shop themselves, if they carry any reference books at all. They should be able to order from a wholesale supplier. The other option might be a major bookstore chain like Chapters. Not modeling per se, but on my last trip to Victoria I scored some GREAT stuff on Canadian military history in WW2 between Munro's and Chapters.

Greg
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 07:09 AM UTC
I've tried Chapters and they don't have much as far as modeling goes. They do seem to have a few things, though, like Hunicutt's Sherman and some Osprey stuff, so you might want to at least do a search on their internet site.

Nic
Sundown
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 67 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 08:45 AM UTC
Dave, at www.militaryhobbies.com carries the Verlinden line he should have what you're looking for.

hth
Simon

MonkeyBoy
Visit this Community
Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 09:27 AM UTC
Padrino,

Did you check Amazon.com? I just did a quick search there and several "verlinden way " volumes popped up.

Thanks to Amazon.co.jp I've been able to order all types of books here in Japan too!

- MonkeyBoy
 _GOTOTOP