_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
eastern euro front finished ?
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 06:01 AM UTC
Hi Guys, I beleive my diorma is finished from the front side. I have been looking at it for to long so maybe you all could have a look and tell me if I am forgetting anything or need to redo something. I would appreciate the help. Also I am working hard on finishing up the interiors of the buildings, so it should be all the way done in the next week. Does anyone have any thoughts about a title for this? There is going to be a machine gun team in the granary and also a antitank weapon in the barn, so any and all title ideas are welcome. Here are the pics

thanks for having a look and for any ideas everyone might have. Cheers Kevin
medic23
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 205 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 07:16 AM UTC
Holy smokes that turned out awesome i think its perfect. i specially like the germans gettin ready to ambush those pesky ruskie's
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 08:11 AM UTC
Yep....that's what I expected.... [b]A Smashing Piece of Work{/b]

Excellent modeling Kevin. Awesome setting and...those trees really spice up the scene. They provide some wonderful contrast in color.

Hats off !!

WONDERFUL !!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 08:17 AM UTC
Hmm - a title lets see what is fitting of master piece.

- "Hold, Hold....."
- "Not Quite there....."
- "Begining of a Bad Day" Soviet Perspective
- "Begining of a Good Day" German Perspective
- "Easy Does it"
- "Country Hazard"
- "County Ambush"
- "Ambush"
- "County Cooking"
- "Farmers Chores"
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 10:06 AM UTC
Kevin

I really like this dio! I've been keeping an eye out for the update posts, and I am very impressed with how it has come along. I hope you are thinking about doing an article on the making of this one.
As far as a title goes, how about something along the lines of "companys coming" or "Surprise, I see you".
good job
Wolfsix
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 10:22 AM UTC
I have followed this build since the first photos you posted. You have a gift for building a very convincing scene. The buildings and landscape are beautiful. You are a Craftsman Par Excellence. Bravo and three cheers
Alpenflage
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,120 posts
Armorama: 1,002 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 01:43 PM UTC
Very impressive ! The only comment I like to make is; send us more pictures !!

"Romanian Sunrise"

Cheers !!

Alpen
Kar98K
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 01:47 PM UTC
Great dio. Waht about "Hunters and Hunted"
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 05:18 PM UTC
One word... "Bravo!"....

I'm quite impressed with the composition and the "story-telling" - to me that is a part of the art!

Also - I think it is really cool that you even put kid's trikes in the background to make it look like this photo was taken in your backyard.... utter genius! :-)
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 09:31 PM UTC
only 2 words,
show winner!

loks 1st class m8 when can we see some more pics
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:30 PM UTC
Great job, I will agree with everyone else write an artical. Well deserved praise, we'll be looking forward to interior photo's and an artical to follow. The only thing I am wondering about is the type of anti-tank weapon as a point blank shot from a pak might be too close. Just something to think about, and only an opinion.
Rhemz
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 12:02 AM UTC
Really a awesome diorama you got there!! beautifull!!
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 01:59 AM UTC
Hi everyone and thanks for the comments. Last night I did some of the work inside the barn and also found out I would be having my farmers cart by the end of the week. I have been doing the painting on the racktenwerfer crew and have been working on the stores for the granary. If a little bit of sun comes out today I will take some more pics outside with the sun facing the dio this time lol I'll get that picture taking figured out one of these days. On a special note for Nato308-The anti tank weapon in the barn is a 8.8cm racktenwerfer 43 "puppchen." Great Brit gave me the most info I could dig up on this weapon. this is from 'encycopedia of infantry weapons of ww2'by Ian Hogg-'in 1944 the german army requested designs of a light anti tank gun for infantry use. one of the desins put forward was this weapon(racketenwerfer). in effect it was the 8.8cm panzer schrek rocket launcher mounted on the carriage of the 2.8cm panzerbuche tapered bore gun, and with the rear end of the launcher closed by a simple sliding breech mechanism. this did away with the back blast, always an objectionable feature of open launchers.by confining the blast within a confined tube, the velocity was increased, so increasing range and accuracy. on the other hand, this produced a certain ammount of recoil, but this was easily controlled by the exisitng system from the 2.8cm gun.

the projectile was the same hollow charge bomb as used with the panzerschrek, but with the addition of a sealing unit at the tail end which resembled a short cartridge case. this formed the neccesary seal at the rear end of the tube when the breech was closed. ignition was by a percussion system .
And if that doesnt get the tank you'll have to take a closer look at the german on his belly under the tree(when I put up more pics) because the weapon he is armed with is a panzerfaust. I wanted to cover my bases lol so to speak. Well back to work. Cheers everybody. And once again thank s for the comments. Kevin
 _GOTOTOP