_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Topic Subscriptions working again
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 09:28 AM UTC
I "think" this is working as it is suppose to. Let me know if anyone sees any problems with subscribing to a topic (and getting mailed when there are new posts).

Thanks,
Jim
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 09:45 AM UTC
Just did a test and it worked ok. Have missed the subscription service so I'm glad that it's back.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 09:48 AM UTC
Hmm...I think I see now why I disabled them. Of course as all things on the internet seems to boil down to, this is an issue of steps ISPs have taken to reduce SPAM. Of course in reducing SPAM they are also reducing the mail we actually WANT to get. So I see there attempts as pretty fruitless. The spammer's (in the end) will only repsond to one thing - Heavy fines or jail time. I vote for the latter.

If the current code settings I have don't work I will try later tonight to clean it up a bit. Currently it's trying to send out all topic subscribers as BCC recipients. So this is viewed badly by the incoming mail server. Honestly no decent spammer even uses this method anymore. They have moved on to much more sinister methods of spamming us. Ugg....

Jim
 _GOTOTOP