_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Stug IV update
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 01:31 PM UTC

As stated before, here is the Tamiya StuG IV i had started a few years ago. Pretty much OOB except for putty zimmerit. Need to do some final weathering and build a base.
Except for the weathering and antennas i need to add, this will be staying pretty much like this. There are some discrepencies, but this is pretty much for my own enjoyment and i like to have my progress in person instead of pictures.
This represents a StuG IV in the 116th PZ Dv Windhund. It is marked with the tactical sign of a PZ Zug, thus making it a replacement in the regiment as no Panzers were available.
I really have no idea if this is what they would do for just such a case.
Any idea?

Marc
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 02:12 PM UTC
as I see in the third picture, you need to dirty up thing in the bottom front of the hull, good work and keep building for your own enjoyment. . On the figures I will give you a little tip I found in Shep Paine's book "....most diorama scenes are set outdoors, where men tend to squint in the sunlight. This makes their eyes little more than slits, even in 1/35 scale. Also, in all common modeling scales the whites of the eyes are not white at all, but essentially the same color as the rest of the face. this is an instance of scale distance in which the tiny blood vessels blend in with the white of the eye to make it appear pink. " I hope this helps you with your next figure
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 04:09 PM UTC
Thanks Dragon, for the tips. Can't belive i didn't see how clean the front lower section is.
Talking of progress, you can see the differences between the two men. The guy with the helmet i did about 6 months ago, right when i started coming around Armorama.
The man with the hat I finished last week.
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 05:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Talking of progress, you can see the differences between the two men.

yep, there is quite some difference, the same thing happened to me with my first two tank crew figures; I was proud of the first one I did, but once I did the second one, it was ten times better! I said to myself "it would be a shame to put those two figures together, as the first's one shortcomings would be noticed". so I decided to put only my second one, the tank comander I had modified for a diorama, but after I finished my third figure I realized both tank crew figures were terrible :-) OK that's enough, it's a good thing to outdo yourself
 _GOTOTOP