_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
New model Tiger photos
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 06:47 AM UTC
heres a photo of my King Tiger i put it on last week but it was far from done,now its 98% done so have a look and see what you think. good and bad comments are very welcome.i have more photos in my gallery cheers all
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 07:04 AM UTC
Looks great so far How did you do the zimmerit? The only thing to me is is that the bare metal for the tools looks to shiny? I am guessing they will toned down when you weather it some more Personally I use Humbrol gunmetal for tools and any bare metal spots Like I said it looks great so far Please post more photos when you can
hworth18
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 426 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 12:37 PM UTC
Great job on the KT.. One suggestion I would make is to use some microsol on the decals to get them settled in on the zimmerit.. Other than that, I think it looks GREAT...
coltm4
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 164 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 12:50 PM UTC
I think the konigs is too clean! Spatter it with mud and crud! Also, IMHO, I think your tracks are a bit too rusted... suggest tone it down with heavy gunmetal/black wash or mud... (the steel drybrushing is good though)
And maybe the exhausts could have a black drybrushing to make them dirtier. other than that, the model is built well with excellent zimmerit and i really like your camo job.
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 01:59 PM UTC
I assume the 2% left is the weathering? so I will not comment about the model being too clean, but I see it is well and clean build. I specially like the fading of your camo.
What I would like to comment on is a little highlight drybrushed in the rusty areas like spare tracks and mufflers. I don't know if your muffles are smooth or chipped on the pic, but if they are smooth then some baking soda mixed in with the paint could help. also your tracks would need a black wash.
 _GOTOTOP