_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Viewing PMs
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 06:39 PM UTC
Is there any way that we can see replies that we have sent, as well as received messages?
I often check back on received messages and can't remember what I sent in response!

flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 09:06 PM UTC
I second this...
as an old g*t my memory is not what it was and viewing replies would save much confusion and amnesia attacks.

Cheers
Peter
:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 09:26 PM UTC
Also, a multiple pm sending would be very appreciated. Especially if you don't wanna repeat sending the same content 10x to 10 different people with just a Narrow Band.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 10:49 PM UTC
backup what s already said . need some more flexibility in pm's
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 11:00 PM UTC
Instead of creating work why don't people just use copy & paste to a text doc if they want a record of what they send?

Vinnie
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 03:07 AM UTC
Yes I have been milling over what to do with this scenario for a while. For me it's ussually a PM that I read but don't get to reply to right away (and then I forget....Ken!).

So I was thinking about making a simple "Forward to my email" feature that would send a copy of that PM to your inbox. I could I guess do another function that would allow you to click a "Send a copy to my e-mail" when you send a PM to someone. This way you could have a record of what you had sent. The problem with giving you exactly what you are asking for is that it would create the need to have TWO sets of PM records in the database. One for the sender and one for the recipient. Otherwise if the recipient deletes his read PM the sender would not be able to access it (without a copy).

Jim
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 04:37 AM UTC
Jim, a 'forward to my email' would be the best answer I guess. That way we get the storage problem, not you!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 05:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim, a 'forward to my email' would be the best answer I guess. That way we get the storage problem, not you!

I agree. This could be better.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 01:36 AM UTC
If I send a PM that's any longer than a 1-2 sentence paragraph, I normally compose it in the body of an e-mail. That way I can utilize the e-mail program's spell checker and thus make the message easier for the recipient to read. If my response is something I should hold onto for a bit, I just e-mail it to myself. Takes an extra minute or two to do this.

Recent unpleasantries via the PM system have made me glad I did this. Because of that little habit, I was able to re-read a message I recently sent. The recipient took offense and replied with some rather hostile comments when none were deserved. I ended up forwarding the PM exchange to the site administrator.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 03:53 AM UTC
I'm no computer whiz-kid Sabot, how do you do that? I just use the PM system as it is.
 _GOTOTOP