_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Legend kit LF1034
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 11:53 AM UTC
Gunnie or others:
I picked this resin conversion up at Noreastcon on Saturday. It's the one with one each mini-gun, ma deuce and M-60. Double walls molded with tires and sandbags and 5-6 spares in the back as well as a truckolad of ammo cans and some cool personal stuff.
Any thoughts on this? Does anyone know it it depicts a specific truck of a generic gun truck? As configured, does anyone have a name reference? I'll probably add a second .50 at least maybe use the ring mount as well.
Thanks guys.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:15 PM UTC
Al, I think it's for the AFV Club 2.5 ton.....
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 03:12 PM UTC
Yeah, I got a good deal on the Quad .50 Nacy truck as well (second copy of the kit) which will be the basis for the conversion.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 01:58 AM UTC
It's a generic G/T Al - but a nice-looking conversion nonetheless. Model Valley and Legend produced/sells the same kit - Model Valley being the first pop of this conversion.

Gunnie
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 02:37 AM UTC
Thanks, Gunnie.
FBXray
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:17 AM UTC
[quote]Model Valley and Legend produced/sells the same kit - Model Valley being the first pop of this conversion.

What is the deal with Model Valley? I picked this kit up about 3 years ago, along with a set of the open amom cans, and mini guns. Haven't heard anything from them.?? Then legend comes out with the same kits. great detail and all do they have anything else out? are they still in business, did they become legend models?

??
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:27 AM UTC
I just tried Googleing them......comes up almost empty..... My GUESS is either Legend Bought them or they changed the name.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2004 - 04:34 AM UTC
This conversion is perfect to build the Gun Truck Mafia. It had a mini on the rear Another 2 1/2 ton Gun Truck that had a mini on the back was the Royal Flush.
pascalbausset
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 1,379 posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2004 - 05:04 AM UTC
Hi David,

Thanks for this nice pic from The Mafia. Can you explain to me why this truck has a dualexhaust pipe ? (view your model pics on GT MSN group)

TIA
pascal
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2004 - 06:38 AM UTC
The reason that the Mafia has "2" exhaust pipes if that the multi fuel trucks sprued black smoke and the gun crews in back would have obscured vision because of the smoke. so the short exhaust pipe was added to the trucks to divert the exhaust to the ground and out of the faces of the crews. On the Mafia the NCOIC liked the looks of the new A2 stack exhaust(made him feel like he had a five ton)so he kept it on the truck although it was non-functioning.
pascalbausset
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 1,379 posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2004 - 06:53 AM UTC
Thanks Animal, have you some pics from the real things ?
TIA
Cheer

pascal
Wexman
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 04:11 AM UTC
I just finished a Gun Truck using this conversion. The basic conversion appears to be from a photo in the old Squadron book on Gun Trucks. It shows only the 'box' of the Gun Truck and its painted overall black with no markings. It appears that the photo may have been taken before the markings for this truck were applied so I'm not too sure if it ever went into combat in this way. The closest Gun Truck I could find to this configuration was called 'The Mafia' and you can find a bunch of photos by searching the Internet. 'The Mafia' did appear to be built on a 2 1/2 ton M35 (most Gun Trucks were built on the 5 ton M54). The Mafia had 2 .50 cals mounted on the left front and right front so you'll want to make this change. I used the Verlinden .50 cals instead of the one in the Legends set and it looks great. One nice thing about making 'The Mafia' is that if you scale the photo from the internet properly, you can cut it out and use it as a painting template for the 'The Mafia'. I did and it saved a ton of time.

Another option is to buy a second minigun (Legends sells them as a seperate kit) and make a gun truck called 'Untouchable'. Be prepared for some tough painting for the art work though.

Finally, if you really want to trick out your gun truck, get the Eduard Photoetch set for the M35. All those lit bits really give the truck a great look.

Hope this helps.
 _GOTOTOP