_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tank Workshop Turret T23
jackalone72
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 08:31 PM UTC
Hey Guys,

I want to get the turrets from TWS and theproblem is that there is no cupola's for them. So what do use for them they look great.They have casting numbers and texture,but no cupolas for the two hatches.I will use them for the new M4A1's I got yesterday.These kits from TWS are the turret,barrel,manlet and other acsesories.You can see them here
http://www.tigermodels.com They are the first ones great site.

Thanx AJ
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 09:08 PM UTC
I think Calibre 35 has released what you are looking for : a transparent cupola for Shermans (catalogue # 35025) with pre cut masks for painting. Here is a review :
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/calibre35/cal35025.htm

HTH
Frenchy
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 12:34 AM UTC
AJ:

That clear cupola that Frenchy suggests looks pretty cool, but if you wanted to save a couple bucks, you could get a spare from a Tamiya M4A3 kit. I think I have a few in the scrap box if you want one.
jackalone72
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 07:03 PM UTC
Thanx for the replies.

I have seen the new Calibre 35 Cupola $10.00 kind of expensive (dont you think).So thats one option but there still the the other loader's hatch.They have no aftermarket products for this hatch.TWS does not have any suggestions on what to use.I have e-mailed Tigermodels to see what they suggest.Also there is a Early turrert with no cupola and this particular turret had no vision slots I think thats what they are called.Has anyone used these kits they look great and very crisp.TWS and Formations have won my heart in Sherman Aftermarket products.If only Formationd would invest in some Metal barrels I would be in heaven.I only say this because I am very careless and clumbsy and brake things easily.I am willing topay that extra cost for the strong metal parts. :-) I am not rich but I rather be safe then pissed and trying to glue something back together.

Thanx
AJ
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 08:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If only Formationd would invest in some Metal barrels I would be in heaven.I only say this because I am very careless and clumbsy and brake things easily.I am willing topay that extra cost for the strong metal parts. I am not rich but I rather be safe then pissed and trying to glue something back together.

You'd have to be pretty rough on your models to break a Formations resin barrel -- they are pretty solid and the 75s have the proper muzzle flare for early guns. If you absolutely have to have metal, I'd suggest Rubio barrels, but they don't have a flared-end 75.
 _GOTOTOP