_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
A word of warning on MSN photo galleries
VoodooChild
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:12 AM UTC
Hi

I set up an MSN photo gallery a few months ago to show some pictures of CAD drawings of a M989. At the time i set it so that 'Members may add, edit, and delete their own photos' to the gallery.

I looked at it again today and saw that someone had added some additional photos which some might consider offensive, and which are unrelated to any topic that might be covered by Armorama.
I have deleted the images and change the settings to 'Only the album creator and managers may add and delete photos'.

In hindsight I should not have created a gallery where any member of the internet going public could post images under my name, although at the time I believed that only Armorama users would be accessing it.

In short:
If you are going to set up any form of gallery on the 'net, think twice about who you allow to post in it.

Cheers
Ed

PS. If anyone saw and was offended by the pictures, I apogogise to them. Had I known about these images before today, I would have deleted them immediately.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 01:57 PM UTC
These were probably auto-uploaded by some kind of spam bot. Did they have urls embedded in the images? We have been trying to weed out bad MSN applications that are basically automated spam submissions (so they can get on and start posting messages to the forums). Adding images would be a new developement though.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP