_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Spraying mottle camo with Vallejo Model Air
tankmark
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 08:57 AM UTC
Hi, this is the first time I've posted to an Armorama forum.
Can anyone help, I have recently switched from humbrol enamels to the Vallejo acrylics. I'm really pleased with the colours but I do have real problems spraying any sort of mottle. I recently bought an Iwata airbrush having used badger before and it seems to atomise the paint better but still clogs really quickly and this seems to be the main problem with spraying patches. I tried using a preset handle but if anything it's worse, I have to back off the preset to blast some paint thro' to clear the brush or put some cellulose through (which I don't like doing with the 'O' rings in the brush). I've tried all sorts of air pressure settings. Should I strain the paint? thinning it makes matters worse.
I have a desert camo Me109 & a 'smoke ring'Macchi 205 to spray and I'm on the verge of going back to enamel!

Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 10:15 AM UTC
hey tank mark, its my first time posting aslo!
ive also been trying out some acrylics and i was having problems airbrushing with it...
it always seems to clog in my nozzle so i usualy have a mixing bottle of water or something like that so when it does clog in my nozle, i just switch from my paint to my water, clean it out a little and switch back again..
it gets anoying but i find its worth the pain, the bottles i use are a little less than a dollar each and since i dont have alot of money it makes me happy
maybe its the paint or my airbrush( i bought it a year ago at walmart lol! came with paint and all these things, so it might be normal)
hope some one can realy help us... i wouldnt mind having another option than to clean my airbrush all the time
happy modeling!
 _GOTOTOP