_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Armour Track Model's Indi. Link Tracks
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 10:49 AM UTC
Has anyone seen these indi. tracks yet??!! They are absolutely beautiful! They don't have a huge line...yet but, what they do have are truely wonderful!

Armour Track Models
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 09:31 PM UTC
Yes, someone at my IPMS meeting had a set on Friday. The meeting was a build meeting and he was cleaning them up. He builds about a run of 20 links and placed them in a zip lock bag. They are workable and superbly molded. I held them up to the light, very nicely done. I will have to get a set for my Chaffee. Do you know how much a set for the M41?
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 09:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...Do you know how much a set for the M41?

EEEeeek! Ouch...okay, okay, considering the quality, (gulp) they can be had at VLS Corporation for a mere $32.95 plus shipping.
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 09:56 PM UTC
Yes, I've seen them. In fact, I have the set for the BMP. I mentioned them a couple of months ago when someone was asking questions about doing the M41 and wishing that there were tracks other than the rubber band variety out there. At my local hobby store, they run about the same price as Modelkasten tracks run and they are worth every penny. They are simply beautiful. They use the pinning method that MK tracks use.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 10:02 PM UTC
What's really interesting is that the rubber pads are seperately molded. This vastly improves the quality as there are not the usual "dimples" associated with other kits.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 01:40 AM UTC
Another alternative to buying them from VLS is going to Panzershop. They are located out of the Chech Republic and they are asking about $20 bucks a set from the last time I ordered from them. Add some Eduard PE at almost half off...you be still ahead of the game after shipping costs.

Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 193 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 12:44 AM UTC
What is the contact info for Panzershop you mentioned. I'd like to see their line of products. So many models, so few indi-link tracks!!!! :-)
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 01:33 AM UTC
Chief,

The website for PanzerShop is:

http://www.panzershop.iol.cz/shopaj.htm

You can feel comfortable ordering from him because he is a very reliable person and the products that he personally produces are top notch.

HTH

cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 545 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 10:51 AM UTC
hey, I got several sets of these (yes, I am crazy), and have started some for my T-55.

All I can say is that they are - FANTASTIC

Dave #:-)
 _GOTOTOP