_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
AMV- a new Patria wheeled APC
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 08:25 PM UTC
Hi,

Does anyone of you has information (drawings, detail photos) about this new wheeled APC from Finland? I saw several general photos- and I can say this is a beauty
This APC is one of the proposals for Polish Army- so I'd like to build it very much.

Thanks in advance,

Michal
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 08:54 PM UTC
Try here Patria AMV , there are some PDF broschures of some mean vehicles!
I was just thinking about building one, if anyone made those! I´m not that much a scratchbuilder...
The AMV is the four-axle version. Those girls at the swedish site are three-axle XA series vehicles.
I´ll make a few calls and try to find some more pics!

Toni
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 02:39 AM UTC
Hi,

Thanks for links :-)

Envar- I'd like to build this APC, too. As I said- for my this is a beauty

The biggest problem during construction will be suspension with wheels- hull is no so complicated. Turret is the easiest part- I can use the ready product from Piranha kit (during current tests in Poland they use vehicle also with DELCO LAV-25 turret).

If Polish Army choices AMV- we will receive also 6 wheeled version of it, too. We will buy even 1000 of them :-) But also we can decide to use Piranha III or Pandur II.

If you find more information about it- mail me, please.

Michal
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 04:43 AM UTC
I will try to contact some people in Patria, but if it fails, there are a couple of other places where some pics could be available...I´ll post whatever I can get.
BTW, did you see the AMV with the AMOS mortar system? Kick arse or what...
Oh and if you find building that hull and turret easy, please feel free to make two of those, and send me the other one so I can paint it!

#:-)

Toni
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 02:18 PM UTC
It would be great :-) to see more details about it. I think I will take photos of AMV during military fairs in Kielce in Spetember. I found on Patria's site information that they will have exposition there.

I saw AMV with AMOS mortar system only as photos of prototype in one of Polish military magaiznes. But IMHO the most interesting version will be AMV with MGS.
I'm not sure but these version will be used by Polish Army, too. I found information that in first years we will buy about 400 IFV and 200 of special versions. Than we will buy next 400 of special versions and next IFV to replace our BMP-1 (still we have 1338 of them). So final number can be close even 2000 :-)

During real tests in Poland we check only IFV version with 2 turrets: DELCO LAV-25 and OTO-Breda Hitfist- 25 (on another vehicles we test also: Pandur II with Steyr SP30 and Piranha III with Rheinmetall-Kuka E8).

I didn't say that hull and turret is easy to build I only said that turret would be the easiest part. But I can promise you- I don't forget about people who helps me :-)

Regards,

Michal
 _GOTOTOP