_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Academy M2 Bradley
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 193 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 05:10 AM UTC
Picked up an M2 Bradley by Academy, kit #1335 for $10.00. Anybody build this one? If so how is it and does it need any photoetch and/or indy-link tracks or is it good OOTB? It looks great from just a glance, but am a duffer on modern U.S. armor kits. Anybody make a turned aluminum barrel? Thanks!
Dubanka
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 05:26 AM UTC
I just bought the same kit to introduce a young'un to modelling (no snap together armor to be found )
From what I've heard/seen, this is a re-hash of the old Tamiya kit from the 80's.
Minimal flash from what I remember, and the parts went together satisfactorily. I remember a little problem joining the upper/lower hull together, there was a gap in the right side.
I really can't tell you much more than that, as the little guy did almost everything.

John
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 05:29 AM UTC
Right up my alley Cheif. Lets start!
Model Point Aluminum barrels: 25MM Bushmaster Barrel
Eduard: Interior and exterior photoetch sets. A MUST!!!!!!!
Real Models: M2/M3 engine - BUETIFUL!!!!!!
For the life of me, I cant remmeber the companies name, but there is a set of Bradley/MLRS individual tracks. Also, if you can your hands on some extra DML MLRS individual tracks.
The Academy kit is the same as the Tamiya kit, so you cant go wrong.
Im a Bradley nut. I've built almost a whole company of Bradley's all ready. My dad TC'ed a Bradley and I work on the TOW sytem of that baby. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Aslo, if you are coming down here to Dallas/Ft. Worth for the show in August, track me down, I'll be there.

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 05:41 AM UTC
Poor copy of the Tamiya kit, not worth the aftermarket to put into it. Academy makes the individual track links, #1353. I still prefer the Tamiya one, have them side by side and you will see the difference. I did a review on the Real Models engine compartment here. Modelpoint makes a later barrel, not proper for a Bradley A-nothing (as opposed to an M2A2). Individual tracks are not necessary since 3/4 of the track is under the side skirts.
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 193 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 12:40 AM UTC
Hold the Phone! Got two different opinions here. Ain't Armorama Great!!!!!!!! I guess I'll build it and make my own decision, but thanks anyway fellas. Keep the tips coming in !!!! :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP