_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Mr Surfacer queries
arawata
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 04:37 AM UTC
Can someone please give me an overview of the use of Mr Surfacer? The only bottles I have seen have labels in Japanese. What is it used for and how is it used (ie. sprayed, brushed, etc).
Thanks
arawata
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 04:46 AM UTC
www.j-aircraft.com/faq/gunze_mr.htm
Click on link above for some general info.

www.kingshobby.com/gunze.htm#mrsurfacer
Some more info.

I have never used Mr. Surfacer myself, but the above two links give a general idea of what it is and how to use it. Hopes this helps
Ribble
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 05:54 AM UTC
Mr. Surfacer 1000 can be used as a primer, and filler for small scratches (IE scratches from sandpaper etc.) When using as a primer shoot it with an airbrush thinned with Laquer thinner or Denatured Alcohol (not the same as rubbing or isopropyl alcohol), cleanup with the same.

Mr. surfacer 500 (this is the thicker of the two) can be used for filling small imperfections and small seams, I don't recommend it as your primary crack filler nor as a primer. Just brush it where you want it, let it dry 24-48 hours then sand. Basically it will smooth out any small imperfections you can see with the naked eye. Cleanup using Laquer thinner or denatured alcohol.

I believe it also comes as Mr. Surfacer 1500 or 1200 and is available in a spray can? Anyone?

JC Hayes
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 05:58 AM UTC
Ribble,

Yes Mr. Surfacer 1200 does come in/has come in aerosol cans. Not sure about any of the others though
 _GOTOTOP