Hosted by Darren Baker
My M123A1C at Shizuoka, Japan hobby show
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 04:56 AM UTC

Here is a photo of my model at the Japan show. Unfortunately, I was not able to make it this time due to not being able to get my passport in time. However, Tamiya is going to try and reschedule my trip for a later date, plus they are giving me a few models as well. My model went though. It actually worked out for the best that I did not go. My wife's grandfather just died and she would not have been able to go home for the funeral if I had been in Japan. Everything comes out for the best in the long run.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 06:26 AM UTC
I am really sorry to hear of you Families lost. Our prayers go out to you and your wifes family. You will be going to Japan soon. It is Kama that it happened this way.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 01:22 PM UTC
Gino,
I'm sorry for your loss. Also that you missed the trip. I hope Tamiya can work something out for you. Missing the trip dosen't take anything away from your surperb modelling skills.
Chuck
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 01:41 PM UTC
Gino, sorry for your loss. I was actually looking forward to meeting you in person.Here shortly Jim will get pictures of the new products displayed at the show. When you do get your chance to come Japan have fun and hope that they take ya around to a few shops. BTW, see if they'll let ya into the outlet store on the second floor. I ended up with 11 different items and kit $150. (YEN price is half what it is in the states, plus they discount 30% or more in the outlet) Sorry you couldn't make it STUG
Shado1
Visit this Community
Tochigi-ken, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 211 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2004 - 01:37 AM UTC
Nice pic, Gino! Where'd ya get it? (Heh heh heh!)
Congrats again on the win. Hope to meet you when you come over.
 _GOTOTOP