Panther G late tracks.
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,041 posts
Armorama: 501 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 10:20 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

I'm working on the 1:25 Academy Panther G late version, and I'm now at the point of placing the tracks.
The Academy tracks are very thick, so I need a tip how I can get a realistic sit, and more important, a good sag.
Gluing the tracks to the roadwheels is not an option, 'cos the tracks are too thick; the tend to remain in their round form...

Please help me out on this one,
thanks in advance, John.
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,009 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 11:29 PM UTC
Hello,
You can try one of two things here I think, You can always wire the tracks to the wheels. Its easy, quick and strong and can be easily hid during the weathering process. Or, you could place a brass rod through the hull onto the track forcing it to sit where you want it . Just be sure to properly reinforce the rod in the hull so that it does not "creep" upwards. Its not as easy to hide, unless its a very muddy lower hull and track set. I hope this helps a bit.
cheers,
Bryan
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 01:45 AM UTC
Hi, Understand your frustration here on these 1/25 scale models from Academy. I HATE those d------ rubber bands tracks with a passion. I know these vehicles are no rivet counter's delight, but I like them, all except for those tracks.

I went ahead and just wired mine down in a couple places and called it quits. It looks 'okay', but just okay. I sti have an unnatural curve up by the drive wheel in the upper side, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Its really too bad that this company did not put in these kits the same tracks that are used on their motorized versions. They may not have been prefect, but they sure would have been a big improvement as far as creating a realistic sag effect goes.

Oh well, it's not a perfect world. Maybe someday we'l find some aftermarket replacement units for them.

Take cae. Sgirty
 _GOTOTOP