Hosted by Darren Baker
Beach Obstacles
Bugbrains
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2004 - 06:14 PM UTC
Some beach obstacles for a d-day diorama. The posts are made from bamboo toothpicks, the tellermines are made from styrene discs.

wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2004 - 11:22 PM UTC
Very nice very nice. I will copy this
bison44
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 471 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 04:07 AM UTC
Hi Bugbrains, nice work on the mines, they almost look like they have sand blown on them already. From some of the shots I have seen there were some that were braced up by another pole sort of on an angle, you might want to mix a few of those in too. How are you going to do the tetrahedron shaped obstacles? Good luck on getting the dio finished, how is it coming along? When I visited the museum it looked like you guys had a long way to go. At least the beach obstacles are going to look good eh??
Bugbrains
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 12:26 PM UTC
Hi Bison44

The tetrahedrons and hedgehogs have already been built. I still have to build some of the nutcracker ramps. The other guys are working away like crazy and have most of the landing craft, buildings, and figures done. Once they have the seascape finished I can start putting the obstacles in.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/29371&page=1

bison44
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 471 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 02:29 AM UTC
Those look pretty good BB. In your picture is that a template etc that u used to cut out the pattern of the hedgehogs? Any Belgian gates in the works?? Is the scene a specific sector or is it going to be generic Juno beach? Are you going to have the troops carrying bikes ashore? You should post a pic of the main body of the dio so everyone can see what a massive undertaking it is! Can't wait to see some more pictures.
Bugbrains
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 02:53 PM UTC
Hi,

The tetrahedrons are made out of paper cardstock, the template is actually one of the tetrhadrons cut-out but before it is folded and glued together. I don't have a any good pictures of the hedgehogs but those were made out of evergreen styrene...2mm X 2 mm L's with ten thou. reinforcement gussets. I'll post some pictures of the whole diorama on Saturday or Sunday.

The diorama is based a lot on the picture on the cover of the Time-Life D-Day book including the train station.

No Flemish gates this time, the maps we have indicte that no gates were on this section of NAN WHITE

I hope the whole thing turns out o.k. A couple of the guys have hyped it up way too much with the press.

BB
 _GOTOTOP