_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Tamiya 1/16 U.S.Army Infantryman
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 490 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 11:08 AM UTC
This is the kit from Tamiya that I've been keeping a eye out for at the LHS . This is the first one of these kits that I've tried and I'm well pleased with the results . I built him OOB just added the strap for the M-16A2 and the dust goggles . About the only gripesI have is that the dust goggles are made to fit the kevlar helmet and not the troopers face . Also the attachment clip detail on the bayonett is missing . This kit can be built in two different poses , so for the dio minded two of these guys is a must ( shop only had this one -I'll have to get another pair later and do a bigger dio . ) I still have to paint some more detail on the face and add the NBC warning tape to the MOPP suit . Comments welcome. Toad out

This is a pic of the two poses .
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 11:22 AM UTC
Carlton,
looking very cool, I like the base you have put him on simple but nice.
i too would like to try this figure
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 469 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 11:35 AM UTC
A very good build there TT. What colors did you use for the desert camo of the BDU? I usually have a hard time matching the colors on the figures with the actual colors.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 01:24 PM UTC
Maybe it is just the photos but face and hands seem very pale and monotoned. Also, I don't see shadows in the creases of the uniform. Again, this may just be the photos. Other than that I think you figure is very well painted. I really like the camouflage pattern. I think you did a good job on it.
Manchu34
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 361 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 06:03 PM UTC
I agree with the previous posted comments, but want to add a few more of my own. I would have added a little more weathering to the figure. Weathering such as wear on the M16A2. It looks like it was new, most M16A2s by the time frame of the figure would have shown some bear metal. Also items like the subdued metal parts on the canteens, bayonet, etc. Even the MOPP suit, the M40 chemical mask carrier look to new. Beyond that it looks great.
Longshanks
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 191 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 08:53 PM UTC
My model shop has quite a few of these in stock, I was gonna buy one but I didn't have enough money........Shame.

I like the look of it and maybe the shop owner will put one aside for me........(Yeah right! )
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 09:31 PM UTC
G'day Mate, Awsume looking figure, never had a shot at 1/16, but i intend to oneday soon, great job, cheers
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 10:17 PM UTC
Very cool figure. Overall a good build. One thing I noticed was that the base could use a bit of TLC on the edge. Maybe a bit of 1/4 round trim from the DIY store or a bit of stryene or house putty filled sanded and painted. To give it a nice finished off look.
jw73
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Zachodniopomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 - 03:55 AM UTC
Uniform should been more matt.
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 - 06:39 AM UTC
A great paint job,and very neatly done,but no depth in the way of shading and highlighting,would like to have seen a wee bit more detail around and in the yell,but apart from that and the hands nice one pal.
Arthur
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 - 10:35 PM UTC
Toadster

For a first attempt at one of these kits, you have to be very pleased. I like! You've really started moving through the modeling circle with armor, ac, and now figs in the inventory. Can you give us an idea of the paints you used on this fig, i.e. acrylic/oil? and any other methods used to produce this fine looking fig.

Congrats my friend!

Signed
Toad jr (tm)
 _GOTOTOP