_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
SB Guntruck update
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 05:15 PM UTC
I've finally taken pictures of my "soon to be awesome" new age guntruck. Unfortunately, I have a hard time adding pix to my posts. To see the M2100 4X4 I'd ask you too see my gallery. Don't look at the tan object to centered left of each picture, It'spart of my "Incoming" campaign entery...but it's not done so Avert Those Eyes Immediately! And it messes with the pictues. I will edit them eventually.
And so it goes.
Cuhail
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 10:39 PM UTC

lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 - 12:06 AM UTC
Nice! Engine looks great so far, what period is this going to be from? cheers
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2004 - 01:01 AM UTC
Howdy Lance Corporal Cuhail,

Your GunTruck is looking great so far. Nice work on the wheel hunbs and suspension, it almost looks like you 'filtered' it.
Question; Those ignition wires look so good, did you purchase them from the Accel Ignition Corporation's 'Miniatures' Dept. ??

Tread.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 01:34 PM UTC
Hi guys,
First of all, I'd like to thank Matt for helping me to post!!!
Next, I'll say "Post Modern" for the time frame. It will be a Ford or Chevy body style drastically altered to be more than "Ford Tough".
Tread, I figured that since it's a 1/25th engine in a 1/35th truck, it would be okay if I used 1/25th scale S.P. wires. I think it came out nice too. Thanks for the kudos!
The rail vehicle in the rear of the frame is the armored railcar that will host the M109 turret. This is your sneak peak, so grab it. The turret that is on it is a scratchbuilt M1 style turret. Eventually I will post pix of this gun too.
Cuhail
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 02:19 PM UTC
Man Cuhail, that truck looks awesome so far, the rims look really good. Can't wait to see another update on this one!
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2004 - 06:48 PM UTC
Thanks Paul, I'm having a really good time with this one.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 01:43 AM UTC
It is looking good Murphy. What did you use for the engine?
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 04:29 PM UTC
I used an MPC 1/25th scale 289 cid Pontiac GTO engine. I scratchbuilt the headers and a good half of the tranny, the whole pully system and the radiator. The fan shroud and fan are a 1/87 HO SD-40 detail set. I'll take a few pix of the other side of the motor so ya'll can see the fuel lines on the carb.
A lot more work to come.

Cuhail
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, June 04, 2004 - 04:10 PM UTC
Heads up!
Sometime tomorrow, I will take pictures of the cockpit and driver/navigator seating and control panels.
I'm scratching it completely and its turning out nicely, so, I'll take some pre-painting pix as soon as I can Saturday.
This one is so much fun, I have to share!

Cuhail
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 10:50 AM UTC
Stop teasing me and show us the progress. I am really interested in your build.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 02:08 PM UTC
Here goes for my first image post my self. The picture isn't easy to see. I didn't adjust anything before posting. [/img]
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 02:20 PM UTC
OOOO.KKK!?!?
Well, that didn't work!
I suppose I could tell you that the pictures are in my gallery under My AFV's
I don't like how the pictures turned out, but, with limited means comes limited results.
I can't say that about my dash setup, though!
I am whippin this up from sheet and tube plastic stock and am currently working on the firewall on the other side of that front panel.
I am planning to make some photo detail of the dash display and backlight it with a small LED.
The passenger side will have monitors too, for GPS and electronic targeting of the not yet installed dual .50 cal. MG's.
I know it's hard to see right now, but, it's there and just invisible.

Let me know what you think, guy's.

Cuhail
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 02:22 PM UTC
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 02:45 PM UTC
Looking great so far, but don't you think the dash for the drver is a little too high?
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 05:18 PM UTC
Thanks Dave for helping me post, I tried, but,
I am going to have a scratchbuilt hydraulic seating setup for the driver and nav/gunner. The driver will sit higher with door-access storage under the seat. The navigator/ gunner will sit lower and back a little with surrounding consoles.
Wait till you see how I'm going to light the flat screen moniters around the gunner. All I will say is Miller Engineering makes it a go!!!
Soon...the firewall!
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 05:45 PM UTC
Dammit!!!
This morning(Tues) I threw the newspaper on the roof trying to get it on the porch. Luckily, it landed with a third of it hanging over the gutter.
Unluckily, when I jumped up to grab it, I jammed my thumb on the gutter, effectively hobbling my X-Acto hand. I give it a week...no more!

Stupid Murphy's Law!
Lousy karmic retrobution!
Why do you mock me Jeebus?!?!

Cuhail
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:35 PM UTC
My thumb is better!
Thank you for all the wonderful cards and letters!
I love you all!

Now...Back to work!

Cuhail
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 05:23 PM UTC

Ahhh, The firewall is finished except for paint!
On the left, you'll see the charcoal canister with 2 copper wire hoses leading to the firewall proper. In fact, all of the hose work is copper wire except for the large hose on the left which is brass rod.
In the middle is the hosing spread out across the whole of the firewall.
On the right is the power brake master cylinder and power booster along with the steering column which, at this time, is just a plastic rod. Eventually it will be more detailed as a collapsable column connected to a steering box on the front axle.
I am hoping that painting will make it look a little better (as paint will do), but I want to build the whole engine compartment before I actually do the paint!

All aboard, 'cause here we go!
Cuhail
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 04:46 PM UTC
Gunnie, Animal, Tread? Whaddya think?

Cuhail
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 09:43 PM UTC
Lookin' pretty good!!!!!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 10:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"... Gunnie, Animal, Tread? Whaddya think?

Cuhail ..."

Howdy Cuhail,

I'm absolutely lovin' your build-up. I've been kind of 'stuttering' around here lately 'appearance-wise'. A lot goin' on lately.
Anyway, the wee 'bomb' you dropped with "Miller Engineering" takes me back to my Sci-Fi days of modeling.......are we talking 'sheet' lighting Murph?
Mini-flourescent's? Or?.......
Your scratching is impressive and I'm surprised our good 'Roo hasn't replied yet. Very impressive stuff Mr. RR Man!
Also, I mean't to ask you where you got those wheels from. 'Roo sent me some fantastic 3-Ton CMP wheels and they kind of remind me of them.
Your firewall work is splendid, but you need to remember to make all of the fittings much harder to get at, just like the real thing!

Keep up the great work, and more importantly, keep us up-to-date. We don't wan't animal to have convulsions! :-)

Tread.
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 10:50 AM UTC
WHOA :-) :-) :-) :-)

This might be one of the best trucks I have seen built in quite awhile. This might even rank up there with GunTruck's and Vodnik's truck.

I can not wait to see the seats and stearing assemle's. Are you going to go all out with wireing every little detail or just the big wires in cab.

Happy Modeling
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 02:02 PM UTC
Tread, good eye man! I raped a British Quad Gun Tractor for the rear end, rear suspention and all 4 wheels and tires!
Miller Engineering will be the name of the game also with sheet lighting as long as I can hide the hookups in the dash. I am coming up to that phase in the project very soon as well as the seating for the driver and Navig./ Gunner spot as well.
I am having kind of a problem routing a steering column around the headers, but, I'm trying a few things including copper wire bent and wrapped in lead foil in spots where joints would be(like U-Joints). I did one last night that was a bit big so I scrapped it and started a new one tonight. Wish me talent!

Cuhail
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 08:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Your scratching is impressive and I'm surprised our good 'Roo hasn't replied yet. Very impressive stuff Mr. RR Man!
Also, I mean't to ask you where you got those wheels from. 'Roo sent me some fantastic 3-Ton CMP wheels and they kind of remind me of them.
Your firewall work is splendid, but you need to remember to make all of the fittings much harder to get at, just like the real thing!

Keep up the great work, and more importantly, keep us up-to-date. We don't wan't animal to have convulsions! :-)

i'm sorry I just plain missed this one :-)

like Tread for the past month or so I have had other things on the go and I admit to not paying much attention to a lot of posts.

BUT rest assured I am now rechearged and on the go again for a while!

very nice build. Amazing how much a difference can be made by using copper and brass wire as details. You have done a marvelous job so far and I too will look out for updates on this one now!
 _GOTOTOP