_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
FEATURE
  Great Diorama Build Feature
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 01:08 AM UTC
jackhammer81 brings us a comprehensive look at all the work put into building his "Brave Souls, Poland Fall 1944" diorama. Many of you have seen bits and pieces through numerous threads. Now the entire thing is encapsulated in a feature.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 02:30 AM UTC
This is a stunner, it simply keeps me looking fo more.

Fantastic work and thank you to ad this as a feature, this truley is inspirational.

Again fantastic work and it def. is a winner
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:01 AM UTC
Thank you for the wonderful work, the information and the remembrance of a country that has been betrayed and ravaged more than once.
Please, please reply in public or to me where you got the lantern. I need a number of them. Thank you.

Sealhead

P.s. When I needed a straw pile, I used three different colors of thread, so when I washed them, they would be just a little un-uniform.
-Captain-
Visit this Community
Oulu, Finland
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 05:02 AM UTC
Thank you Kevin for showing us your awesome work!
That diorama is one of my favourite dioramas I've ever seen!
That is beautiful!

:-)
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 05:51 AM UTC
This is truly an outstanding project. Attention to details is just incredible. Story line and execution are first class. Bravo!
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 06:08 AM UTC
From the very first posts regarding this diorama, we have all been drawn to it, wanting more and more. Ever anxious for the next picture, the next post, the next surprise that Kevin had to offer us. And now its finished. And can i just say WOW!! This is truely an amazing work of art. The detail and vision of this piece is one that is rarely seen. I believe that it is truely a prize winning diorama.
I myself had the great pleasure of seeing the diorama in person a few weekends ago. And i would like to let all of you know, as great as the pictures are, they do not do the piece justice. The camera definately does not capture the full effect of the diorama. I was in awe. Excellent work Kevin. I love ya and am very proud of you.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 10:12 AM UTC
awesome diorama Kevin. congrats and thanks a lot for sharing all steps with us and for the final article.
best regards
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 08:51 PM UTC
I really would like to thank everyone that helped out with this dio, also everyone for just having a look, I appreciated all comments and criticisms. I would like to offer a special thanks to Scott for putting it all together so brilliantly and to Mary for putting up with me thru it all. Now its off to the next one. I'll keep you posted. Cheers Kevin
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 09:02 PM UTC
An excellent feature ! Wonderful modeling in combination with good photography and great writing capabilities !

Thanks for sharing this with us !
Babva
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 141 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 02:18 AM UTC
Kevin... thanks for sharing your great diorama with us. You did a great job on it... and you should be proud of the work you have created.

I have followed your posts on this dio... and it has been a pleasure for me to watch your progress.

Once again... my hat is off to you.

Jim
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:39 PM UTC
Bravo! Excellent! Thank you for sharing it with us...I really like the detail on how the buildings were constructed...
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 678 posts
Armorama: 448 posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 02:28 AM UTC
A truly outstanding and inspiring work, one I followed with tremendous interest throughout the building process. I look forward to seeing your next piece.

Keith
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 01:43 PM UTC
Kevin,

What can I say but wow! I continue to be awe struck by the work on the barn and out buildings. The thatch work is incredible. I'm inspired ! I've read your article over at least three times and continue to be amazed.

Best wishes
Steve
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 02:02 PM UTC
Again thanks guys for the comments and kind words. Rereading the article I realized I was sorta vague with some of the steps during the building of this. If any one has any questions please feel free to ask, and I will be happy to explain in greater detail. Cheers and thanks again Kevin
 _GOTOTOP