_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Soviet Sherman (WWII)
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 07:54 AM UTC
Well having craked out two figures in the last few weeks I'm taking a break and trying something different for a bit... 1/35th kits.

I picked up Academy's M4A2 Soviet version today, figuring it's something a little different. I know the kit has a few knocks against it, but I'm not real worried about those "details" (rivet counters cringe).

Anyway, I'm working up some reference on these beasts in the hands of the Soviets. I found one decent site so far

http://www.battlefield.ru/library/lend/sherman.html

but I'm interested in more. Especially photos showing the kids of personal gear crammed on the backs of these babys. I'm also planning on usinf DML new Tank Riders with kit along with a crew from Nemrod.

So, if any of you have links or photos you'd like to share, I'd love to see them.

Now I need to go find that thread about the color of Lend Lease vehicles.....Well that talks about A/C. Any idea on colors to use on this tank? U.S. OD or Russian Green?
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 08:13 AM UTC
Bob,as far as I know they were left in OD As far as markings go,a lot had on stencils like shipping data and instructions in Russian as far as proper levels of oil,anti-freeze,etc I have a book on Lend-Lease armor that the Soviets got It is in Russian with English Captions I think it is OOP now If you need any pics,PM me w/e-mail addy,and I can send you some when I get a chance
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 10:24 AM UTC
you know this thread is very important for me for a future built
i have a friend with a huge russian armor library,gimme a few days to check his references.

did u see this one in ww2 modelmaker website?
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:52 AM UTC
Nate:

You've probably already found the best online reference for Soviet Shermans.

They were pretty Spartan vehicles. The Soviets didn't stow much gear on them because, frankly, the crews didn't have much to stow. As Chad says, original shiping markings remained on them and the Sovs just painted their own markings over the top.
 _GOTOTOP