_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Techniques
Diorama techniques and related subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Those strange little boxes.....
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
Armorama: 530 posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 03:49 PM UTC
I've notice that a lot of people have little boxes made of wood in their dioramas. Well, I have two questions: What are those little boxes for, and how can I re-create them? Thanks for your time.
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 04:06 PM UTC
MEBM,
I assume you are talking about generic boxes that you see tied down to tanks or strewn about on the ground. Those are mostly out of the "spares" box (left over from other models or people buy different types of boxes from Verlinden or others. I guess some people make them (wouldn't be that hard to make them from sheet plastic or even thin card stock.)
Hope that answered your question.
Ciao for now
Rob
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 05:19 PM UTC
MEBM -

Think about it... you are getting ready to travel across hostile areas, potentially out of contact with your supply depot for a few days. You'd want to take along everything that wasn't nailed down, including the kitchen sink! And of course, don't forget that some tankers were opportunist... better to "gather and salvage" a case of wine, or a chest full of blankets than leave them for the enemy, right?

As for the boxes themselves, I have written a short article in Digital Diamonds (in the features section), #9 called "create a crate"... quite simple, actually -

Here is the link:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/250
 _GOTOTOP