_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
System Bug in the php db code
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 06:09 PM UTC
Jim - while just goofing around, I went looking to see if you have EVER gotten around to posting the Navel Officers (US) ranking insignia... as a BRIG. GEN, I thought it would be fun to see what the equivilent boards would look like as a Belgian Officer. The code converted my rank to a three-star Kolonel.... when I converted back to US, I was STILL a full-bird, instead of Brig. Gen.... what's the deal? Try it for yourself and see if it is a code problem or a rank mapping problem. Just trying to help....
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 07:59 PM UTC
Keith,
You have been bitten by the rank re-structuring. See the post on ranks in this forum for full details. Suffice to say the "default" rank tree new only has officer level ranks and is more inline with the other rank trees. So you WERE a one-star general. Now you are back to being a colonel.

Not to fear. Only 260 odd posts to go and you get promoted again. :-)

Jim
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 06:32 AM UTC
Darn - hope this doesn't affect my pay-grade! How do I explain this to my wife!?
Bishop
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004 - 12:32 AM UTC
Can we request specific permanent ranks? For instance, since I am a SSgt in the USAF, can you make me one regardless of # of posts??
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2004 - 03:15 AM UTC
Negative. New custom ranks (while there are a few out there) went out the door with the addition of the rank selection function.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP