_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
DrillSgtO
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 05:22 AM UTC
I play that game in my PC, everytime I need to release some stress.

But, looking at the quality of the graphics and the realistic scenarios based on historical WWII events, I believe you can come up with hundreds of nice dioramas.

Good think about the PC is that game allows to take snap shots of the screen, then you can print those later.

My favorite scenarios are Omaha Beach and the Sniper town. A diorama based on Omaha Beach can take months to create and $$$ in resourses, but the Sniper town has many nice details that can be created in a average time WWII diorama.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 05:26 AM UTC
That is a cool idea for dio ideas. Too bad I don't have the game at the moment though.
Been Warcraft3ing though :-)
LUCKYBULLET
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 44 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 08:58 AM UTC
it's a verygood idea!! i used to play this game on multiplayer mode on the net ,but for my part my stress get higher when i play.......
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 09:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That is a cool idea for dio ideas. Too bad I don't have the game at the moment though.
Been Warcraft3ing though :-)

got the game off of a Warez site. If you have an ICQ I could let you have it but as to installing it that is up to you. I heard it was a little bit of a pain in the you know what.
Nailz
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 10:13 AM UTC
A great game and a very cool idea, I hadn't even thought of it, I was worried about getting sniped and forgot to enjoy the scenery...

As great as it is to help each other out, I can't really say talking about warez is a great idea, it's a good way to get a website closed down, seen it more than once.
Army
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 11:57 AM UTC
That is a very good idea.
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 03:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That is a cool idea for dio ideas.

Heh. Thatīs right. The Omaha Ambush! dio was in fact based on a scene from that game. In fact MOHAA with Armorama took me back to modelling!

"Covering fire!!"

:-)

Toni
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2002 - 05:25 AM UTC
yes medal of honor is a great game i play it every day i have a new pc with the g-force 44-4600 card what a game
SSgtTowers
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2002 - 07:48 AM UTC
I actually have it on Sony Playstation2. I love playing it in stereo. I have to admit when I play, and I see some of the German soldiers, I am constantly thinking of what I could make and how cool that would look like. In fact I think I got killed a couple of times because I got stuck day dreaming about what if! By the way, I went out and bought the playstation just o get the game. I don't have a PC at home home and $250 is a lot cheaper then $800 to $1500 spent on a new PC. MAN the things you'll do just for fun.
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2002 - 07:57 AM UTC
I've got MOH: Frontline for the PS2, but no MOH:AA for the PC, unfortunately. The two are different games with different storylines. I especially like the Dutch countryside in MOH: Frontline, and would like to make a dio from that area, perhaps with some Canadian troops, though. I agree with you guys, playing that game really gets me ready to build more models.

Nic
M4Nut
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2002 - 12:42 PM UTC
I borrowed a copy of MOH: Frontline for the PS2 and found the game to be enjoyable. Only got to the level after the Sub. Would love to have seen the game just continue on as an infantryman instead of the OSS stuff though.
Eric
DrillSgtO
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
KitMaker: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 08:45 AM UTC
Good thing about this game graphics engine is that it allows you to walk around items and look your surrounding in a 360 degree view.

You can close up to an object to get details or move back, move left or right to get a different angle view to include looking up or down.

It even let you in some scenarios to go inside a building, climb to the second floor and lookout the window.

That will allow you to see an specific point from above.

It definitely let you go back in time to WWII.

Thanks to Electronics Art for the programming and Steven Spielberg for the creation of MOHAA based on one of the chapter were Saving Private Ryan was originated from.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 10:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That is a cool idea for dio ideas.

Heh. Thatīs right. The Omaha Ambush! dio was in fact based on a scene from that game. In fact MOHAA with Armorama took me back to modelling!

"Covering fire!!"

:-)

Toni

Hey Envar! That is some excellent work there partner! Man, if only I had that kind of figure painting talent....

Tread.
Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 146 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2002 - 02:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My favorite scenarios are Omaha Beach and the Sniper town. .

You mean Arnhem I think I thought the same thing, right in the middle of the surrounding buildings were the panzershreck squad is waiting, It's just perfect.
Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 146 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2002 - 02:26 PM UTC
If I only had that kind of talent period, thats wicked good.
 _GOTOTOP