_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M3a3 in progress
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 792 posts
Armorama: 314 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 03:21 AM UTC
My fellow Armorama members,

Here are the results of some hard work .
I know there are some things to be done but i wanted it to show it to you .
The model is from AFV with Eduard PE and Blast stowage .
The stowage is not glued to the model yet , thats why it's floats......
The tracks also are completed but i will add them later .

enjoy,

greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 03:29 AM UTC
looks good,
nice clean build,

one thing, the large kit bag on the glacis plate looks a bit to me like it has fingerprints in it! i assume you tried to add texture to it, but it may look fine under paint.

i would also add some british specific stowage, ammo boxes, helmets etc

cheers

joe
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 03:35 AM UTC
Wow thats a beautiful little stuart. I can't wait to see it painted. That pe kit you used for the 30 cal. really is amazing. Can't wait to see it painted. Cheers Kevin
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 03:40 AM UTC
Beauty! Love the extra stowage, and appreciate the fine attention to detail...Just one nit. Maybe it shouldn't bee pointed out since you posted this in Armor rather than Rivet Review But- shouldn't there be a Barrel inside the cooling Jacket on the .30 cal? Can't se one Other than that- good on ya! Get some!
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:13 AM UTC
While on the subject of the .30 cal I suppose it was just added for the pictures but, at the back where you have the pin and chain the .30 is not pushed down enough and the pin should go through that square piece below the actual gun .to hold it in place.. I hope you understand what I mean ... The rest looks great now get out that SCC15 and get painting ...Can't wait to see it finished .

Rick
p.s. Is it me or is that blast bagage kinda big ...If you look at the size of a 1/35 scale figure beside those two pieces on the front they are huge ...Just a side thought . It could happen . I personnally find the one on the fender distracting to the model ..just my opinion
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

now get out that SCC15 and get painting

If we are picking nits... :-)

a) Do NOT paint SCC15. US OD is the correct colour.

b) For the large duffel bag on the glasis, I don't think the driver would put it there as the visibility was bad enough already through the periscopes and it appears that the bag extends above the sight-line of the periscope. There really shuold be some negative sightline over the front plate so the driver (and co-driver, if he wants to hit anything with the bow MG) can have as clear a view as possible.

c) one of your photos shows the view down into the .30 cal ammo box and you can see through the fold of the PE. A little dab of CA glue will seal that up so the paint can cover that joint.

These are just small constructive things that I hope you'll take in the right vein. It's gonna look so sweet when its painted.

Paul
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:55 AM UTC
thats one of the nicenest M3a3 i have seen,
the build is really clean,
and i like the stowage and the mg is really nice.
i cant waite 2 see it done
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:56 AM UTC
wow, nice clean build, just one thing else, are you gonna add a belt of bullets to the gun and have it leading into the box?? i'd hope so! cool tank.

and just to let you know, it might be me, but all that stowage on the back makes it look too crowded (dont forget to add ropes/ chains to hold it on)
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 05:35 AM UTC
I knew it ..I knew it !! :-) I was sure if I said bring out the olive drab some one would say no scc15 and if I said scc15 someone would say OD..lol. I don't know bout that ..with all the changes to these M3A3's that the British made... wouldn't they have had to repaint them ...Paul I'm sure you are right ,...Okay pull out that bottle of OD and get painting ..

Rick
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

looks good,
nice clean build,

one thing, the large kit bag on the glacis plate looks a bit to me like it has fingerprints in it! i assume you tried to add texture to it, but it may look fine under paint.

i would also add some british specific stowage, ammo boxes, helmets etc

cheers

joe

joe ,

The original Blast kit bag did not fit so i had to scratch one . For what the size concerns it is a exact copy of the resin one .
When it is completely hardend i will sand it down a bit to remove the finger prints .

chrz

Eric
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Beauty! Love the extra stowage, and appreciate the fine attention to detail...Just one nit. Maybe it shouldn't bee pointed out since you posted this in Armor rather than Rivet Review But- shouldn't there be a Barrel inside the cooling Jacket on the .30 cal? Can't se one Other than that- good on ya! Get some!

i fixet the barrel issue this morning !!!

thanks for notice

grtz

Eric
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

c) one of your photos shows the view down into the .30 cal ammo box and you can see through the fold of the PE. A little dab of CA glue will seal that up so the paint can cover that joint.

These are just small constructive things that I hope you'll take in the right vein. It's gonna look so sweet when its painted.

Paul

fixed it !!!!!!!!!

thanks
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

wow, nice clean build, just one thing else, are you gonna add a belt of bullets to the gun and have it leading into the box?? i'd hope so! cool tank.

and just to let you know, it might be me, but all that stowage on the back makes it look too crowded (dont forget to add ropes/ chains to hold it on)

The ammo will be added in a later stadium .
And the stowage will be taken for also in a later stadium .

thanks

Eric
 _GOTOTOP