_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Armored M35 truck
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 465 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 05:34 PM UTC
This truck is in service with our Philippine Marines. Probably a US made M35 something... I'll have to check back. As you can see it has been modified by adding armor plates on the flanks and mounted with the good old M60"pig". I'm pretty sure the door to the cabin is also modified. What you can't see is that the back is also armored. This is of course used to transport our troops to the "front", "side" and "alleys" of our guerilla wars. Mostly in my region where we battle extremists. The odd thing here is, they didn't think of putting armor over the windsheild.

Our Army and Marines modified these, sort of like a poor mans APC which we are. Damn RPG's & landmines keep knocking our inventories out. We also have humvees modified along these lines and some Bigfoots that were recently donated.

Since this is still in essence a truck, albeit modified with armor, I was wondering if this is acceptible for the campaign? I think this thing crossed the line between softskin transport and armored transpot.

Quite unusual huh. If this is possible I'll start with the bigfoot since it is readily available here.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 05:49 PM UTC
Hmmm looks interesting but i thing to do a decent convertion u ll need some more pics of it. And also animal to pop in and give a hand !!!!
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 08:28 PM UTC
This is acceptable as an entry to 'Move it' campaign.

But please put the words 'Move It' at the begining of your subject line in future as this makes it easy for me to see what posts are for this campaign.

I would hate to miss an interesting post like this one
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 465 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:17 PM UTC
Sorry about that MrRoo. I thought I was in the move-it thread already.

Otro tiempo.

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:24 PM UTC
No Problems welcome to the campaign my friend
 _GOTOTOP