_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M107 in progress pics
GunNut
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 07:09 PM UTC
In progress photos. This is an Italeri M107 heavy gun. It been built mostly out of the box. Love it! I did a wrap of two layers of Tamiya masking tape on the ends of the hydraulic pistons before inserting them into the casings, allows it to be posed in any position.

Anyone make aftermarket tracks for these?

Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2004 - 08:03 PM UTC
GunNut,

No, there are no aftermarket tracks for this model. There is an aluminum barrel available from Barrel Depot and a resin detail set from Hobby Fan (this one is actually for M110A2, but works just fine with M107. Eduard also make a very nice photoetched detail set for M107.

I have one suggestion: we have a forum called "Rivet Review Board" which was created to let us share our "in progress" shots - rules there allow us to discuss our work more freely and get useful constructive comments. Unless you are not interested to hear any criticism! :-)
BTW: there really isn't much to criticise in your build so far

Pawel
jw73
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Zachodniopomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 148 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 12:22 AM UTC
Really big gun.
GunNut
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

GunNut,

I have one suggestion: we have a forum called "Rivet Review Board" which was created to let us share our "in progress" shots - rules there allow us to discuss our work more freely and get useful constructive comments. Unless you are not interested to hear any criticism! :-)

Pawel

Thanks for the advice. I'm still relatively new here so forgive me for placing things where they don't necessarily belong.

Thanks also for the comments. I sure wish there were tracks available for this. I guess I'll have to hassle with the rubber tracks
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:04 AM UTC
woah, now thats some fire support :-) hate to be on the receiving end of that!
 _GOTOTOP