_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Soviet Armor help needed :)
DayWalker
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 09:23 AM UTC
greetings all My name is Alex Vorobiev and as well as being a model kit lover I do another kind of modeling, namely 3D modeling. Me and a group of other people are currently providing free addons for a game called Operation Flashpoint. Some of our works can be seen here:

http://redhammer.ofpr.com

Our addons are purely eastern European based i.e. Soviet and Russian. I recently discovered that scanning plastic kit models at a high resolution can create a base for great textures. I have experimented with my Tamiya T72 model and it works like a charm. So here's my plea. If any modelers are out there who have made kits of soviet armour eg:

T62
PT76
2S1
BRDM 1
BRDM 2
T80

or anything else, and have a flat bed scanner could you please possibly scan them in from all sides and post here? We would be very grateful for any input and will include u in the credits. Also scans of decals are very useful so if u have any please dont hesitate to scan them in and pst here.

Thanks alot
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 12:09 PM UTC
wow daywalker, that is VERY interesting, looks like i might have to buy flashpoint and use some of your work!! hope to get more info on this
DayWalker
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 03:43 AM UTC
Here is an example of what I mean:

on the image you can see a 3D model of a T72 using scanned in textures of my T72M1 Tamiya kit. The model gets configured and scripted and then behaves like a tank in the game. Special effects include realistic suspension, sounds, sights. FX scriptin also includes simulation of infantry riding on tanks and recoil.

Any help would be apreciated.
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 257 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:30 AM UTC
hey daywalker. scanning in models for use as textures is pure genius! i never thought about that. i think i may try that reskinning some tanks from c&c generals. as for the scanning, i do have a scanner and id love to scan you in those models, but sadly i do not have ne of those. however i was thinking about buying some cold war armor, but my skills arent up to par with a mod of that caliber. if i do get one of the kits, id love to scan you the decals. good luck on that mod, it looks great.
DayWalker
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 11:47 PM UTC
If someone could point me to a more Cold War oriented kit site and/or forum it could also be apreciated.
hirams_girl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 17 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:10 AM UTC
From the forum main page, you'll see a forum for soviet armor, if that helps.
DayWalker
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:50 PM UTC
Thanks to Jim for moving the topic here
DayWalker
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 04:51 AM UTC
anyone?
80a2
Visit this Community
Flevoland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 144 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 07:41 AM UTC
here is a forum you might try:
http://www.activevr.com/afv/

also I build a GAZ 66 in hizbolla collors.
But could be jused as a base for rebel truck??

only I have no flatbed scanner.
Still planning to buy one.
DayWalker
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:59 PM UTC
still noone else?
Frontovik
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 12:05 PM UTC
Zdrastvuite DayWalker! Try this site http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=441 . It is a wealth of information on all things Russian/Soviet military....Paka!..Bill G
GunNut
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Posted: Monday, July 05, 2004 - 03:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Zdrastvuite DayWalker! Try this site http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=441 . It is a wealth of information on all things Russian/Soviet military....Paka!..Bill G

Hey! That's MY home on the web! I am an admin over there. The Russian forum is moderated by one of my friends, he's a Texan now, but a Russian by birth and most of his life.

If you can't find a decent answer at Gunsnet (way much more than guns by the way) someone can at least point you in the right direction.

If you see a user named "Ezra", thats me, say hello.
Frontovik
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 06:02 AM UTC
Privyet Ezra!:-H I didn't know you hung out hear too. What are you building? I am doing mainly GPW Soviet and some modern Soviet/Russian. Really got into it after doing an event with my unit at "Tank Farm". We serve as Tankodesantniki for 3 T-34's....Bill
GunNut
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:50 PM UTC
Hey there!

Been a while since I was here, I've been working on some non modeling projects right now (you can guess which?). But currently putting a Tamiya T-55 through the ringer, we'll see how it goes.

Nice to see familiar faces here.
 _GOTOTOP