_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Nichimo Tiger I , any experience?
johnmshaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 02:51 PM UTC
Hi just recieved a Nichimo Tiger I kit today that I got off ebay cheap. anyone built this kit? how was it? looks good. cant wait to get going. it's rc but i think i will omit that and keep it static
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 04:31 AM UTC
This kit really shows its age ..compared to what is out there now, this is more of a toy but hey ..you got it cheap and in the end it does look like a tiger. If you look at the hull sides you'll notice that there is nothing under the sideshirts ..they just forgot to add the rest of the hull sides.. But it doesn't show that much. I wouldn't spend alot on this kit if I were you but just build it and have fun ..You might learn a few things about scratch building ..lol. Practice your zimmerit while you're at it .
And remember have fun!

Rick
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:48 AM UTC
as bear says, good cheap kit to get feet wet on. When you get comfortable, get back on ebay and go after one of the Tamiya kits...They are not too hard to build and there is a world of difference in the quality and accuracy. They'll cost more, but good bargaining and watching you may pick one up for $25 or so.
johnmshaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:07 PM UTC
Thanks for the info...I think I will parctice Zimmerit on it....should be fun
ChrisCarney
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 88 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:22 PM UTC
I agree with Blaster and Bear. They are good starter kits and could use some extra attention on items left out like on the hull above the road wheels. I've built the King Tiger and the Jagdtiger and both are ok kits. I definately would not put the R/C gear on them. Like you said static is better. But have fun with them and experiment. They can always be used later for trying new methods out. Enjoy.

Chris
 _GOTOTOP