_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
DML vs. Zverda JS-2's?
jcneel
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 02:51 PM UTC
I have read that the DML JS-2 kits have a problem with the height of the hull in that they need about a 1mm lift job (or so). How do the Zverda/Italeri JS-2's hold up against the DML's? Are the better, the same or do they need more work?

Anyone know if the Zverda/Italeri JS-2's will be discussed in the upcoming Osprey Modelling Manual for the JS tanks?

How does that book series rank anyway? I have not seen any so do not know. The JS-2 would be the first one that I would really be interested in.

Thanks

Chris Neel
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 04:03 PM UTC
I cant tell you about accuracy, but if the js2 by italeri/zveda is like their t34 85 the kit is nice all but the tracks they are real bad and need replacing. Kevin
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 06:16 PM UTC
i ll back up here Kevin . Thats exactly what i have heard from people that inspected the too kits . Zvezda is a nice one , but needs some tracks
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:51 PM UTC
I've heard that the Zvezda has a better overall shape. Dragon kit has better details but there's a major mistake with the hull. When you pu on the tracks, they almost touch the fenders. This can be solved, though it takes some effort.
 _GOTOTOP