_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Proj.X:need help fr.our mates across the pond
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Armorama: 416 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 02:28 AM UTC
Cheers, Chaps!
I'm working on references for my Project 'X' X-mobile, and let's just say they're few & far between over here in the colonies. I was hoping that perhaps one of our fine U.K. Gents had some plans to stop by the Museum Of Army Flying at Middle Wallop, Wiltshire anytime soon? It is there that the object of my fancy( or a replica, anyway) resides. I'd be more than happy to post you th five (hmm... no British Pound key on my keyboard...) Pound admission fee, If you would agree to take as many detail pics of said objects as the Bobbies will allow. Sound fair? Have I piqued your interest with the circumspect nature of this post? Let me know who will be the lucky fella who gets to spend a day at the Museum at my expense!
LogansDad
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:21 AM UTC
Ummmm..Help? anyone? (maybe I have no friends across the pond... ) Just bumping this for some exposure. I realize I may have posted it when our UK members were offline
sweatydogz
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 114 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:03 AM UTC
Sorry Logansdad, I can't help.
It wont take someone to long though to help out, now the footballs finished

England 3 Switzerland 0

Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It wont take someone to long though to help out, now the footballs finished

No, no,no! You need to write "SOCCER", otherwise they would misunderstand you on the far side of the pond

Pawel
LogansDad
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:09 AM UTC
Perhaps if he had said Futbol, eh Pawel? :-) :-)
LogansDad
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:11 AM UTC
Really? NOBODY? Is it my breath
O.K., bumping this once more in the hopes some kind soul will be able to help out. (Thanks anyway, dogz!)
How 'bout this- anyone in the U.K. who sees this and can't or won't help, just give me a nice, Quick, "Bug__r Off, mate!"
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 08:36 AM UTC
Hi LogansDad

The Museum of Army Flying looks great, but I don't have a car and heading over to Middle Wallop is a pretty major expedition without...

There's a pic of the Hafner Rotochute on their website.

It may be worth trying to contact them for more details...

Hope this helps

Rowan
LogansDad
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 08:58 AM UTC
Much thanks for your reply goodsir Merlin! Yes, I've been to the website, seen the 'chute, but I have it on good authority that they have a replica 'Buggy there as well(wait -that's supposed to be a secrect! as in project X! as in X-file... ah, nuts ). The email reply I received informed me that Photography in the Museum is welcomed(Sorry, I don't have a Telephoto THAT good), But a handling and retreival charge would be applied to any archival photos reproduced. I've got a feeling that these would be copies of what I've been able to glean from the net so far. Just thought this might be a way to get some Good ref. mat'l while at the same time giving one of ur members some time to play. Well, I'll keep at it. Thanx &
LogansDad
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 06:52 AM UTC
Just bumping this before it disappears. I have an offer from the ever so kind DaveCox, But as it'd be a bit of a haul for him I was wondring if I might entice someone a bit closer. Er, maybe one of you chaps could post this on the U.K. site for me??
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 06:59 AM UTC
That is what I was afraid of, it may be a long haul for some of the guys. Great bunch of guys in the UK all, but they are spread out (mostly up north I think) and not sure who might be able to do a trip as you requested.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 08:29 AM UTC
Hi again

I'll be heading down to the Isle of Wight for a holiday in the last week of July, so could take the scenic route via Andover and Palestine (the station looks easy walking distance, even with a rucksack)...

It would mean I couldn't send any pics until August... would that be any good if you don't get a better offer?

All the best

Rowan
LogansDad
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 08:40 AM UTC
All blessings be upon thy head, Goodsir Merlin!
That would be just fine& dandy! Most especially since the Most High Originator of thisCampaign('nudge,nudge,wink,wink say no More!) Has given us 'till yrs. end for completion. Just keep me posted on your dates & times & when you might be setting out, & I will wire or post sufficient funds, along with a more detailed list of requests. If for whatever reason this is not to be , I will keep Our Northern Lorry expert (tip o' the mac to Mr. Cox) in Reserve. Thanks Chaps!
Oh Frabjous day! Calloo! Callay! (I chortle in my joy...)
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 09:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh Frabjous day! Calloo! Callay! (I chortle in my joy...)

LogansDad you're worrying me... I never knew Stanley Unwin was American!

I'll informalate when I can undertoke the slendiferous expeditianary. Oh yes! Verily so.
 _GOTOTOP