_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
PHOTOS
  M3A2 Bradley Cavalry Fighting Vehicle
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:55 AM UTC
Most of you already know my M3A2 Bradley CFV, but I decided to post it as OnDisplay feature now to accompany my non-slip coating article, as this technique was used on my M3A2 model.

The 1/35 scale M3A2 Bradley Cavalry Fighting Vehicle model is a replica of scout vehicle HQ-24 from 1st Infantry Division, 1st Brigade, 1st Battalion, 16 Infantry Regiment during REFORGER 1990 exercise. This model was converted from CC Lee kit of M2A2 Bradley (poor copy of Tamiya kit).

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 03:21 AM UTC
Hooah! Thanks Vodnik, now I can find your Brad in one place while looking at others. One question though, did the decals come with the kit or did you make them? I am planning on using either my M3 or M2 kit and presenting it in a 1st Cav vehicle during the 90 REFORGER but dont know what I'll do for the markings.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 03:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One question though, did the decals come with the kit or did you make them?

I made all decals myself using clear decal paper and laser printer.

Pawel
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 835 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2004 - 01:34 PM UTC
Amazing work, especially considering the kit you started with. I have a question for you. how did you make the targeting system glass? It looks very good and I have had a hard time getting the lazer reflecting coating on modern armor to look right. Thanks for your time
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2004 - 04:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How did you make the targeting system glass? It looks very good and I have had a hard time getting the lazer reflecting coating on modern armor to look right.

Don't know how old Vodnik does it, but I use transparent paints for the doghouse glass. Smoke on the left and a mix of red and blue, to get a purpleish color for the right. For anti-laser coating on modern AFV vision blocks, I first paint them black, then thinly overcoat with clear red. Lastly, a good coating of gloss. I think it looks pretty good. It looks different colors from differnt angles, just like the real thing.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2004 - 04:20 PM UTC
Reforger, that rings a bell!! Unless my memory is completly gone, wasn't that in Germany, in January? If I'm thinking of the right one, that was COLD... 10 days in a snowbound field near Osnabruck.

Cheers
Henk
 _GOTOTOP