_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Beginners
A good place to look if you are just starting out.
Hosted by Darren Baker
BYE BYE MY TREE
IGI
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:41 PM UTC
Goodmorning everyone,
as I was about to complete my first little dio adding the last details, an accident ruined my plans. I had put the base on a self in order not to harm it, but my sister in low had a different oppinion. Trying to reach something of the self she touched my poor dio which fall down on the floor. My first tree is completely destroyed . Fortunatelly, the ground work was not harmed ( sand,moss and stones are all in place, they passed the crash test ) so I think I 'll use it now for another dio. This time I'll place a german motorbike on the scenery and the driver looking at his map. Today I'm going to finish my bike so I believe I'll be back with fotos on Monday.

so bye bye my first tree, I'll remember you. R.I.P
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:53 PM UTC
IGI, I hate when that happens, sorry for your loss. I hope it goes better with the motorcycle. Cheers Kevin
siegmund
Visit this Community
Slovenia
KitMaker: 87 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:59 PM UTC
It looks (looked) amazing. Hit you sister really hard. In the head.

Joking
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 06:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hit you sister really hard. In the head.

before you hit her check if there are no hidden cameras around
IGI
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2004 - 11:27 PM UTC
Thanks guys,
I was so ungry when I saw my tree destroyed on the floor so I decided not to make another tree ever, but now I think that I'll try again and make a better one.
oh, checking the house.................................no cameras. Now I can hit my sister in low on the head and break it like.. a tree ( sniffff ).
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 01:11 AM UTC
I believe any court would deem your sister in law's sudden death as justifiable homicide.
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 01:54 AM UTC
Sister-in-low? I like it. I have one of them, too.

Sealhead
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 779 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 05:27 PM UTC
What was really bad was that the tree was actually a very good one.....sniff sniff.....make your sister try to replace it until it comes out just as good.....she'll probably learn the lesson....and get her fingers sore.....OK enough punishment
MATTTOMLIN
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 431 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 11:13 PM UTC
i have had a simlular situation exept my siter broke my tree on purpose becuase of a fight we had. so in revenge i broke her sun glasses. hehehehehehehe

matt
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 10:26 AM UTC
That was an awesome tree. But just because of one mishap, dont give up your dream of having a tree in that dio. Go for it, make a new one. And if you sister-in-low trys to come near it., hit her with the one she broke.
mary
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 - 10:58 PM UTC
hmm seems like after throwing away the whole bag with vegie supplies a woman hand hit again your lab ..hmmm should u put some alram systems, 3 doberman dogs and some well trained Ninja fighters around ? i think so !!!!!
After had my Uh-1C huey hitted with a huge snow ball and covered in all with snow i feelll very very scared about people entering my area , especially since this is not my wife that knows how to handle them . so take care cause a motorcycle is more difficult to repair thana tree!!!!!!!!!
ekke
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 229 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 11:05 PM UTC
That tree looked great! How did you build it?
Is it a normal plant?
IGI
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 11:44 PM UTC
good day all
I want to thank you all for your support,I was really sad looking at my broken tree. But now after reading your replies I'll try to make another one better than the first for another dio I have in mind.
Conserning your answer ekke: I took a dry donkey thorn(there are plenty of them here) and I made little holes with a needle.That was the bark of the tree.Then I placed dry oregano branches in the holes gluing them with white glue. After drying, I painted the leaves in green shades. I was about to glue some spices on the branches but the accident happent. Next time (soon) that I'll make one I will present you the whole method with fotos.
 _GOTOTOP