Hosted by Darren Baker
pictures of german softskin vehicles?
godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 465 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 05:40 AM UTC
Where can I find pictures/articles etc of german softskin trucks in particular the opel maultier line.
LUCKYBULLET
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 06:14 AM UTC
i think concord publication has a book dedicated to that...
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 595 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 10:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Where can I find pictures/articles etc of german softskin trucks in particular the opel maultier line.

Hi Padrino - Try these links:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=opel+maultier&sa=N&tab=wi

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=opel+maultier&btnG=Google+Search

- ralph
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 09:26 AM UTC
Padrino, here's a site that has a descent list of German vehicles w/pics and vehicle specs and profiles. : Achtung Panzer
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 09:30 PM UTC
the book "Militarfahrzeuge" by Ryton is the best source for info and photos i have ever seen. it is sold through RZM Imports.
GenHalftrack
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 07:17 AM UTC
Schiffer Books has a paperback called Opel at War. Great pictures of all versions of the truck. There may be a "walk around" version out there somewhere.
Ed
prbesch
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 08:18 AM UTC
I second everyones replies on soft skins and the German "mules" particularly MILILARFAHRZEUGE of the WEHRMACHT by Kurt Rieger and Uwe Feist brought to us by Ryton Pub.But if you want some great pics of maultieres try Schiffer`s FORD AT WAR,thats the Ford made outside of the USA,likeFrance,Holland,Belgium ,romania and elsewhere.Other Schiffer books include GERMAN LIGHT HALF-TRACKED PRIME MOVERS, Also seperate books on medium and heavies. As far as soft skin vehicles ,they have GERMAN PERSONAL CARS IN WARTIME,MERCEDES AT WAR, KRUPP AT WAR, and MILITARY VEHICLES OF THE REICHSWEHR. Don`t forget that any peice of artillery was pulled by ...you guessed it... either a prime mover ,horses, or an accasional maultiere.
Anyway these are a few books I own and consider indispensable.
ALL MODELING IS GOOD MODELING. prbesch....All please call me [email protected]
 _GOTOTOP